1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Godspeed Eric Gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducman851, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Another loss to the racing community.
    Condolences to his family, friends and the Altus Team

2. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

:( I met Eric about 1988 hanging out at Proline Honda in Duluth Ga. I was 16. He rode the crap out of a blue 87 vfr. Blew my young mind! Wound up in the mountains a few times together. One ride he's dragging his knee with some girl on the back. Another, he rear-ended an Astro van that stopped suddenly while he was clowning a bit and looking at us in his mirror. Next time, gets totally smoked from behind while slowing down to turn around and regroup with a couple of us he had left far behind and came back for.

Then there was the brand new cbr600 hurricane totaled leaving the shop on the mall perimeter road on new 591s. Shock mount on the frame was horse shoe shaped!

One of his first races on the replacement 'cane(I think) was at Talladega and the temp barely got above freezing all day. A couple of us rode over that morning to watch the show, at 27 degrees. Sure enough, on the charge, going to the front, chucked it off through the sweeper!

We affectionately nicknamed him "Squid" Gray. I don't think he took it as humor as much as was intended! I saw him at a race several years ago, reminding him of the kid I was all those years ago and told him I was afraid I was his bad luck charm recapping the incidents. He said he was pretty sure I had nothing to do with it!:D

Rest easy, wildman!

ducnut, R1Racer99, TurboBlew and 3 others like this.
  3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

RIP racer

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Really nice writeup in RRW. RIP. :(

6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

This sucks. He tuned my first bike when he had the GMD Computrack shop down here in Ft. Lauderdale. RIP Eric.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

RIP.....Racer.

8. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

GODspeed Eric.

9. Damn good dude and will be surely missed.

Ducman851 likes this.
  10. Critter

Critter Registered

Damn this sucks....We used to riding together in Windrock, he would come up every thanksgiving....I remember him laughing at me when I fell off my dirtbike and broke my arm and the had to ride back...