1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF Barber from Busters view

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by HFD1Motorsports, Oct 27, 2013.

1. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

My rider was still hurt from VIR he has lost a good deal of power in the upper bicept shoulder area. The show waits for no one hurt or not got to go. He loaded me up on the dyno for last minute tweaks for the cooler weather. He made me a little fatter on the main jet..of course the weather was cool in the AM but afternoon was very nice. He rode me very slow on a cold track lots of my brothers and sisters were falling down. Seems Barber is more temp dependent 50-55 seems slippery where 65 and up is way better.
    He gave me new tires for the DSB race he seemed like he was on a quest touching and making sure all my bits and parts were firmly attached before battle. Gave me just enough fuel for the race. We started ok he still needs to fix my clutch but powered it into turn one made up for lost ground caught a few and made passes lap time improved got the win. He put my tire warmers back on me so I could cool down slow.
    Left me in the trailer at night with a heater so I would not freeze up..he must like me. He let me sleep real late on Sat. Guess he learned cool track and my tires do not play nice. 2nd pratice was a group cluster huge pack of bikes he waited on in pit lane to get a gap. Darren was up ft so plan was wait and try to tag on..well too many riders plan did not work....had a rider cross track on back straight coming through hole in fence from charoltte's web area..holy shit momment bike sideways in track...odd move for race control to allow that....no harm but rider had enough of that into pits lap times were not better best to save it for latter when it is warmer.
    Race 2 F2 with a bunch of riders in it the start hurt my clutch bad I tried to get moving but damage was done I could not hold as good as my ridder needed he tried to short shift the best he could it had enough grip to about 10k then it would slip. Then coming onto the ft straight with 3 laps to go my brain shut all power to spark plugs off...rider was mad but he power cycled my switch and I refired but he hit my tank so I knew he was not happy I made it to the end burnt clutch and all into 3rd place so he was good with that. We won the DSB national title and 3rd in F2 not too bad of a comeback season. I heard him saying I get white number plates and some major work in the short off season. Now I am back next to my friend in the shop she is looking better from the VIR wreck her radaitors are off to get new ones made and her wheels are all round again...ahhhh the smell of resin look for 2 shiny bikes next year!
    THANKS to all that make WERA Happen!
    Buster aka Huffdaddy's ride

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

LMAO the bikes point of view... My old bike has it's own profile on here. lol

3. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

LoL! Good job, Buster!