1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gingerman, Wednesdays at 5:50-8:30

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by hellbent4gravel, Dec 12, 2007.

1. :up: Just for anyone's info, I have been going to Gingerman for the last couple of years, on Wednesday night from 5:30 to 8:30. The fee is 60.00 which seems steep but since they are the only track within a reasonable distance that holds this type of event, I am taking advantage of it. E-mail me at [email protected] for info. Tell your friends that are saying they want to go to the track but hold off for one reason or another to do this with you, and it will pay off. :up:

2. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

WTF:confused: This is a joke, right? Aside from the temp. being below freezing, the track isn't lit and it's dark by 5:30 p.m.

3. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

And it's in the wrong forum Elvis!

4. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Monte, I think Elvis has left the building (or BBS in this case):D

Ya gotta wonder about a guy whose tag gives the impression that he wants to head off into the runoff area:eek:

5. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

60 bucks for 3 hours of riding on a dark frozen track, sign me up!

6. bmwdave

bmwdave Member

yea you would think is team chicago

7. andyM

andyM Well-Known Member

Dave, is that you?

Wish I could hit up gingerman with my F2 and STT this coming season!! Maybe I'll just take your GSXR out instead!

8. STT-Rider

I was there yesterday and theplace was closed down... what's up!

9. arkcomposites

arkcomposites Well-Known Member

I'm sure he was referring to over next summer.

10. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

You know its a good deal when Monte wants to attend

11. Ex nihilo

Ex nihilo From out of nowhere

I'm sure Monte's comment was totally tongue in cheek:Poke:

Guess everyone has to use emoticons to get irony, sarcasm, and plain being facetious across.

Oh yeah...:D

12. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

So does anyone know if Gingerman is doing this again this year? I'm just looking to get a bunch of laps in and there aren't many places to do that up here.

13. Longhair

Longhair Old Foole

This year, it's Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, June thru August.

http://www.gingermanraceway.com/

14. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Awesome... that's what I wanted to know. Thanks man!

15. gingerman test-n-tune

Thanks, Longhair. Are they going to run cycles all three days this year? I've been told cycles are Wednesday only...let me/us know. I would like to be able to do more than just a few over the summer...:) I mean this summer of '08 which I want to clarify for the regionally challenged :)confused: WTF). I will also post future replies in the trackday forum because the forum police are in the bushes...just kidding fellas, I don't take you seriously, at all!:D Hooray for summer!...oops, it's only March, f**k! Oops, sorry 'bout that also...man...gonna get kicked off...

16. r6ryan

r6ryan Well-Known Member

Last year test and tune was tuesday through thursday nights, but bikes were only allowed on Wednesdays. I would assume this year will be the same.

17. swiftscott

swiftscott Active Member

Wednesdays only

I was there yesterday (Sunday the 6th) and there were 11 cars and two bikes.

Riders/Drivers meeting was like:

"You cars, ONLY pass on the straights, no racing, no passing in the corners. You two on the race bikes, do whatever the fu@K you want!"

We got all the track time we could handle and had a great time. It would be more fun if we could get some more guys out there though...

18. STT-Rider

Did they have cornerworkers and a staffed (2 paramedics) Med Unit on site?

19. swiftscott

swiftscott Active Member

corner workers and paramedics

They had corner workers but no paramedics....That costs me about 3 seconds a lap alone.

20. STT-Rider

Thats what I thought.