1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gatlinburg Fires

Discussion in 'General' started by Montoya, Nov 29, 2016.

1. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Rode by Deals Gap today to scope out the new fire there. Its across the street and just past those cabins/small lake over there. Fire crew guys (Wyoming and Idaho) said the fire about killed it, and they were then going in today to cut fire breaks around it.

The Gap today. Desolate, sans 1 car.
    [​IMG]
    Air was clear blue skys today.
    [​IMG]

Theres an active fire on that high ridge off the left.
    [​IMG]

roy826ex likes this.
  2. ped

ped Banned

PCP

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I can't imagine a fire closing in on my home....stay safe out there.

4. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

um...fire crew guys said the "rain" about killed it. So much for proof reading chit lol

Carry on

panthercity likes this.
  5. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Where I married my current but soon to be next ex wife, in Gatlinburg. I think I said that right..
    [​IMG]

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Looks like my Marriage at the moment....

used2Bfast likes this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

At least 3 dead so far

8. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Yeah, same here. Great metaphor.

9. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I saw on WBIR today that one of the wedding chapels in Gatlinburg was destroyed by fire!

10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Ahmmmm, look 4 post above yours.

11. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Dammmm....! Seeing the pics on the news is just crushing.... We spend a lot of time in the area, we were in Wears' Valley back in May, and have stayed at Cobbly Knob a few years back - now hearing both are burnt up... :(

Hearing lots of rain headed that way, wishing all well in the area......

12. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Except for the tornados that are headed there from the SW, the rain is appreciated.

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And, the rain on the burned area will bring its own problems, i.e. mudslides.

14. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

15. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Fire fighters in Gatlinburg. This is what heros look like. Stay safe guys.
    [​IMG]

Bruce, scottn, panthercity and 2 others like this.
  16. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Just found out that a family we know lost their cabin of 30 years on Ski Mountain / Chalet Village... :(

17. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

"He is charged with setting fire to personal property or land, a Class E felony, punishable with up to six years incarceration and a fine of up to $3,000." From what I'm reading, people have died in these fires. Isn't a death due to criminal activity Murder 1?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they died in that specific fire I think they can go after him for at least manslaughter.

19. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Wow. 2 brothers and their dog while escaping the Gatlinburg fire. Some strong language here and there, but to bad. Very intense, as they drive past fire engulfed cabin after cabin. ALL completely engaged by the flames. Had to be surreal, albeit localized true apocalypse.

20. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

People like those two above remind me of the people on the coast who know a Category 4 Hurricane is heading for them but think "we can ride this one out" and then realize at the last minute..."Oh shit, Im stuck! Help me!"