1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heading there now. :D

chobes likes this.
  2. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Ask for some wheels to be part of the deal, you'll end up liking white wheels after all

*Edit - Broome's new slogan - "The only way I'll take white wheels is with hookers and blow"

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

D1E5C1D1-5044-4DAD-95CB-EB85D97B24AD.jpeg
    I don’t know why the picture turned but I’m really glad this is the company truck and company card. $4.74 for diesel for this one, it was over $5 when I left Midland.

5. Mine does that sometimes. When I post it, it will be sideways.

To fix it, after you have posted it, delete/remove it. Then go to the picture in your phone to edit it.

Turn it sideways and save it. Then edit it again, and turn it back straight (the correct way) and save it.

Then post it again. It will stay straight this time.

Dunno why it does that or why that fixes it, but it always works for me.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  6. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Diesel pump in NJ - Actual picture from yesterday - Fortunately not the actual price, just a malfunctioning display controller.
    Made me say WTF though for a moment until I looked at the other pumps, those were only $5.199

Attached Files:

7. I paid $4.99 a gal for 93 yesterday. Not like you are going to stay home

8. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Marathon right outta Charlotte was weird pricing... 87 - $4.19 / 89 - $4.29 / 93 - $4.99 / non eth 89 - $3.99 / diesel - $5.89

9. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Another day of free charging and 250 mile trip.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You sure it was free. I'm pretty sure it came with a fairly hefty price tag. The law of averages says you are likely still paying the loan on that "free charging".

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

“Free” because you were dumb enough to way overpay for a golf cart.

Watched the MotoGP race last weekend with a friend. One of his relatives from marriage is a hard core Tesla fan boy. His wife was indifferent so she agreed to take the Tesla from St Michaels MD to Bloomington, IN. After the trip she said NEVER again. Between planning the out of the way stops to charge and the endless sitting at the stations waiting for charging. She said that is the absolute last time they will suffer that experience.

ducnut, jd41 and Gorilla George like this.
  12. joec

joec brace yourself

dont they go just over 300/325 miles? my fi50 goes about 350 on a tank. 4.2 5 speed i can eek about 400 if im gentle only on the highway. and the supercharger stations charge them in a bout a half hour. theres a huge bank of them in canton, gotta be 20 of them. theres always a few cars there but never ever all full. and i thought the tesla app told you how many on site and how many are available. now on the west side....lol....most of them are in pay lots! but you know....thats the west side.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That sounds like snowmobiling where we have to plan our gas stops for the sled that gets the worst mileage. But there's no waiting, just gas and go. :D

14. That would be the hardest thing for me to get past, the charging.

Even if I didn’t work in the oilfield, even if I could look past this bullshit “green” agenda being pushed by lobbyists and politicians that stand to gain from it, and the Greta’ish virtue signaling assclowns, and even if I could get used to no sound and no soul…

I would NOT be able to handle sitting there waiting for it to charge. I would go apeshit insane.

Even if there are “super charging” stations that can charge it in 30 minutes, that would still be unbearable. I can fill up the whole tank and be back on the road in 3 minutes or some shit.

15. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

There’s a YouTube channel, I think it was TFL Truck, that has a Rivian and they did a video on charging. It took an hour to go from 20%-80%.

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm not a doctor. I don't need patients...

18. long path/road

long path/road let's think about this!..??

nothing is free.

Gorilla George and StaccatoFan like this.
  19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

You do understand that your day is coming...right? Once "they" get you (and most of us) in the e-car then the new taxes and regulations will begin. There won't be a "free" ride as they won't pass up on taxable windfall. It will either be a mileage charge or a yearly registration fee that compensates for the gas tax. Couple that with the coming electricity rate increases to fund needed new construction and everything is gonna cost more....If they don't build more power plants it's even worse as supply vs demand constraints will require the gooberment to restrict demand and there goes your e-transportation....

jd41 and StaccatoFan like this.
  20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And if you don't agree with the gooberment they'll just shut your car off.

long path/road, jd41 and StaccatoFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.