1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the road...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jun 1, 2016.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

How come it gets to haul 82,000 and other trucks are limited at 80,000?

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Metric???:D

dtalbott likes this.
  4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Musk keeps touting the Tesla speed advantage of cruising at 82 mph, and FMCSA is getting ready to slap a speed limiter on all commercial vehicles.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

maybe they can get away with it since it has all the sensors and self-driving stuff? Not that it stops anything, but probably does help

dtalbott likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Because it weighs an extra 2000 lbs in virtue signaling and broken promises.

7. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

The 2k lbs is a “ green credit “ since it’s electric
    Otr trucks get I believe a 400 lb allowance for an apu or generator- you know since it saves the environment

biggest scam in trucking is crying about emissions yet making every truck in the us only
    Drive 11 hours a day and idle the rest …. or whatever the current hours of service rule is haha
    Paper log , night driving is how we roll. I don’t need the gov
    Telling me how much I can work .

Rebel635, dtalbott and Boman Forklift like this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

How many drivers named Apu do you guys have?

YamahaRick, ducnut and GarrettRick like this.
  9. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Well played haha

any of you drivers bumped into the dui checkpoints lately ? In the last couple months I’ve encountered 3 random dui checkpoints for trucks only on the interstates

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Yeahh...mmkay..just a little jack stand goes a long way 500106_01.jpg

BigBird likes this.
  12. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Whoever loaded that trailer has the most remarkable lack of common sense.

ToofPic and BigBird like this.
  13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

For some of you guys running older diesels there's some pretty sweet EPA and state grants right now to scrap them for a new CARB certified diesel , and you keep the scrap money

BigBird likes this.
  14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

No, thats MY fucking tax money. Dont take it.

15. tony 340

Mine also.

Cant get my old trucks fixed, or find parts, might as well upgrade

BigBird likes this.
  16. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Given current events the epa might be broke!

17. ToofPic

I had a dickhead x military boss once upon a time.He didnt know shit about loading trailers.He put several pallets of nails in the nose of a 53" and it went over with him in it,and i couldnt have been happier.Still makes me smile thinking about it,that and the vaseline the office guys put on his office phone.Dude had zero people skills

18. ToofPic

Gliders are also a great option

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe, maybe not. The truck may have been fully loaded to begin with and then had most of the load taken off leaving it nose-heavy in which case the guy who dropped it would be at fault. It looks like that trailer is set up to carry heavy loads, four heavy pallets in the nose could do that. I've seen it happen at the dock when they drop and don't use trailer jacks. They should have just dropped the dolly instead of unhitching the trailer.

SundaySocial and BigBird like this.
  20. tony 340

Michigan is going the direction of Commiefornia. Theres electric vehicle assembly plants all over now, and with that, the battery plants need to be in close proximity because they're heavy and hazardous.

My worry is if they start doing that emissions testing bullshit my whole damn fleet is useless. Ill be basically outta business with one swipe of a pen.

The EPA grant coupled with the state grant refunds me around 35% of sticker price on the new truck. Plus they drive so much damn better. Our new Pete isn't even in the same category as our 90's Kenworths. It isn't even a fair comparison.

ducnut likes this.