1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Ask Kevin Ward.

too soon?

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Static drifting. It's all the rage.

3. Nope, not for dipshits, unless you mean you're dipping for something when you've got your tongue up the po po's booty holes. He was spot on about that.

4. Seemed to me like it was kill the driver and ask questions later. The officer is still alive.

5. According to Booby, who is a former alleged assaulter himself, minor infractions are all the justification a cop needs to shoot someone dead, or choke them to death.

6. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Oh, my! I think we've taken a step backward. Well, if anyone knew how dipshits felt about something, then it would be you. Carry on.

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

In Rob's defense, there is absolutely nothing alleged about him. What you see is what you get. And some people just need an ass whooping.

8. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Same way Freddie Gray died, he falls backwards strikes his head with enough force to break neck or sustain serious brain injury.

9. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I liked that cop's demeanor/attitude/professionalism, so I am sad saying this, but if the jury watches that video frame/by/frame, that officer is super fuk'd.
    After watching the frames, I am flabbergasted as to what he was thinking

10. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Correction, if they view that video in complete isolation without any other context. That won't happen. I think the pivotal point will be was the car moving before or after he drew his weapon. His cruiser was parked behind the car when it all went down, why hasn't the dash cam video been released?

11. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

this is what I saw in the frames, during the moment of impact;
    Cop grabbed and never let go of the guys seatbelt, at chest-level.
    Gun was holstered and aimed w/out finger on the trigger.
    Not only were the guy's hands up, his hands/arms were never in any type of physical confrontation w/ the officer's hands.
    No audible sound of the car's accelerator until after the gunshot.
    The mans hands were up before and during the gunshot.

If I was in the jury, I would sadly convict due to the frames of the video.
    I was in the cops corner; maybe his hand got stuck in the steering wheel, maybe the guy had grabbed onto the cop, the gun had a hair-trigger, etc.
    After disseminating the video, I am saddened....saddened, by what I believed was a good cop, did do. :wow:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

If I assault an officer while breaking the law then getting shit is a possible outcome.

However, I am smart enough to only beat the brakes off my Ed's boyfriend :)

13. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I don't know which way it went down. No doubt the chest cam video is pretty damming but there is other video which purportedly supports the officers version. If the officers gear got caught up in the window during the struggle he could have been dragged unwillingly. To me the pivotal piece of evidence would be when the gun was drawn in relation to the car moving. If the car moves before he draws his gun he has a good case that he feared for his life. If the gun came out before the car moved it is going to be tough to argue that he feared for his life.
    Either way a jury will hear the evidence and decide based on that.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How long have you and Ed been an item?

15. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I don't know, but that's some whacky love triangle.

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lol Ex's.

17. And by Booby's logic, after he's administered, or tried to administer the ass whoppin, he should be shot by the police, since commiting any crime should logically lead to that.

This guy didn't assault an officer, and neither did Eric Garner, but unfortunately, getting "shit" seems to be a possible outcome no matter what. It's just not an outcome that I support the way you do.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He could have been picked up by large bird of prey too but I'm trying to limit myself to realistic scenarios here. You're standing next to a car. You see the driver attempting to take off. You take one step back. You're safe. At least, from that car.
    Now, if taking that step back puts you in the path of an oncoming car (just for the sake of argument. We both know there was none), now you're talking about a dangerous situation. But it's not the driver you pulled over who is going to hit you with his car.

And then there's that.

Can't tell you. I don't know who that is.

The argument made in this thread is that the car is a deadly weapon. If you trip, fall and die while backing away from it, that's hardly because the car is a deadly weapon.

19. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

20. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

He wasn't...he panicked ( a reaction and not a rational thought process) pulled and shot. There were multiple solutions to that situation and his reaction was to shoot and kill. Was he within his right and the accepted parameters to use deadly force? Apparently a Grand Jury thinks not.