1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flatrock Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Jul 19, 2022.

1. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

I've read FIA grade 2 but heard no mention of FIM. Where have you heard FIM approved?

2. prm

prm Well-Known Member

379A0971-512D-49E4-8C3F-339E6B6C4FF9.jpg https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://drive.google.com/file/d/1--0AkXAxbUPWHT-I9nEoZidcn2Mwm_Ll/view?usp=sharing&fbclid=IwAR0iqxPSMVT2Pn-v2VkHSt6Zi4LyXVYmnvDn7TIGRAmtUFEzDXHXgUc-oxQ&h=AT11G-lKRUpiPvzIWIpUkQUwseoVgdtuOPwMsEgRl_R5k3CoRTmgcHDwMRU3CMdLevVL-aqKAWiXpJ8qgKDvoxUX9Y1y1IewqDrgwfECFzs77XTMD-RUtZDXHjNASF70gfAv7qe0Buc82yEZK19kmOE&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT3KI4eUAsaVNLgzEykR_hyGEQp4MafefKhY_KudgUwBstaP2cx6iWqCok0E6Bee3eYabwgpqUh6w9ujcS_ingahHRmjWDmxnoZQ_XyXozy6RgNBdBUL1phUpYRAOJd-AtHb1f4bheAHmojnqfR-1jndrg

koth442 likes this.
  3. koth442

While more run off is always better, the gravel traps make it adequate. Maybe an air fence or two but honestly I'm pretty happy with that layout.

While I currenlty live about half an hour away, my company is probably going to move me end of this year so I doubt I'll ever get to ride it.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

anyone counted the # of turns yet?

5. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Prolly 36 turns or so if you go by Nelson Ledges counting.

6. koth442

The map posted above shows 34 for the "grand" course. Probably 16 or so for the "Grand Prix" course.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Nice! I stopped counting after 20

8. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

9. koth442

I'm super pumped this is going through. I'm also super salty work is going to move me away from Knoxville before this gets finished :(

10. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Flew over it a couple of weeks ago. They aren’t dragging their feet… 74A09B1F-ACBD-48E2-A424-6C796062349E.jpeg

Mk4Matt, E Reed, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

i just hope they don't Ozark it.

5axis and stk0308 like this.
  12. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

HA HA HA, Right?! If you watch Darryl's video, he says it will be FIM and FIA approved. Sounds like they are catering to all motorsports people. Carts, Bikes, Cars, barstools, motorized coolers, etc.....I think I want to invest in one of the condo/home opportunities he mentions.

BigBird and koth442 like this.
  13. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

I talked to Russel and the guys at Barber the weekend before the MA races. FIA grade 2.
    Ultimate goal is Moto GP and "they said" they have a letter of intent for 2023, maybe it was 2024 to be on the schedule along side COTA.
    Not a replacement race. So 2 US rounds.
    Considering all the condos, suites & villas I stumped him when I asked - where's the heli-pad?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    Phl218, BigBird and koth442 like this.
  14. koth442

Wasn't Ozarks done by some hillbillies and a crayon?

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

See a lot of marketing for "club" hopefully it's not a members only track like Monticello or other tracks out there

16. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

There will be a members only track. But the GP track will be for rentals and events.

Oh and the kart track should be open byyyyy end of year 2022 or 1st quarter 2023??? somewhere around there.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    BigBird likes this.
  17. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Or at least someone that owns stock in an Armco manufacturing business.

BigBird and koth442 like this.
  18. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

How long before people in the "villas" start complaining about the noise? 2 weeks?

19. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Ran go-karts here as a kid way back in the 90's. Was fun to experience that then watch the late models and figure 8's later that night.

20. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I would be interested in a condo/villa at the track if they sell to the public. Wonder who we can reach out to about that.

koth442 and BigBird like this.