1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fentanyl

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Nov 10, 2022.

1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Added point, the drugs are worth nothing if they are legal and the dealer network shrinks exponentially when the profit is gone. I don't know why lawmakers cant understand that.

Education is key

All the mom and pop grow operations in Michigan are closing up, marijuana is worth nothing now because it is legal

BrentA and BigBird like this.
  2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

3. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

My brother recently got out of rehab for painkillers , 100 days sober !
    But I learned a lot thru the “process.” He was buying pills
    Off the street and they often had f in some of them. My brother said he could tell after the fact of what he was taking by the withdrawal effects. Fortunate I found out what I did , when I did but he’s got a tough road ahead of him.

Gino230, BigBird, Yzasserina and 2 others like this.
  4. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I didn’t do a lot of drugs, but I tried most of them when I was younger. Now you can’t even do that without risking death because of this shit. I had a coworker buy one ecstasy pill at a bar. He took it, overdosed, and thankfully was saved by Narcan in the ambulance. One damn pill nearly ended his life. I wish they would figure out a way to crack down on this shit.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You can't imagine how proud I am that I not only do I have a partial bottle of 325-10 hydrocodone left over from a surgery a year and a half ago, but I don't know exactly where they are or exactly how many are left.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, count yourself fortunate.

6. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

My GF's daughter is on it. We're just waiting to get that call.

7. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Seems like we all have to deal with the agony of family or friends with addiction problems. Addiction can take a son or daughter and turn them into a financial and emotional zombie. They look and sound like the same person but they're completely different and downright destructive.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Except that with all of the taxes and regulation, its cheaper on the street, so people are still going that direction.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I'm not sure that legalize it all theory works. Pretty sure the euro countries doing it still have major addiction issues.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Legalizing isn't going to keep people from getting addicted. I mean, it's still drugs. But it seems to have a positive effect on crime, overdoses, etc.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Interesting, wonder how the addicts afford it - even legal.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Chumming the waters? :Poke:

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The economics of drug use have always been a mystery to me.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, this end of the conversation can easily happen without going political. Papa is closer to it physically and more access to local news type stuff about than the vast majority of us so just a curiosity thing for me that I won't take further down a bad path :D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think the concept has been fully tested, for. If you were thinking of a place like the Netherlands, where pot is legal, the other drugs still aren't. So there is still criminality around them. If Portugal was what you had in mind, I think we're talking decriminalization, which helps a lot, but it's not legalization. Either way, it's better than the French system where everything is illegal, and which probably has the most users in Europe.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, was kind of thinking places where it's decriminalized and they have free needles and flop houses and all that. So you're right, definitely not the same as full legality - then again with the opioids they are legal...if prescribed :D

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

think of it this way: ( I have 2 heroin addicted cousins, and also surprised I havent gotten that call)

Everyone that wants to shoot heroin tonight......is shooting heroin tonight.

Laws are not stopping it. If laws worked we would already have stopped it by now.

Spang308, Banditracer and auminer like this.
  18. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The legal weed market has already turned that upside down. Medical here in Ohio is crazy expensive but drive north to Michigan where it is legalized and you can get the same products for 1/3 of the price. Lots of road trips back and forth happening these days.

19. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

So I heard this story from a young woman in recovery a couple weeks ago.
    " I started out driving my mom around at 13. We'd go to a store, shoplift and get cash for the goods another store. After we'd get a hundred dollars or so we'd go to the crack dealers and she'd smoke it up. We'd repeat this multiple times a day and come home only when she was exhausted. I started off smoking weed and promised I'd never turn out like her but by 25 I was exactly the same. Fortunately I kept getting caught and the cops would recommend treatment to the judge every time. Eventually I got clean and sober"
    Heard stories like that since I was a kid myself.
    No one thinks it can happen to them or their family til it does.
    Jailing junkies does nothing. Jailing dealers and overprescribing docs wouldn't do much either but those POS deserve at least that.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned