1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear of flying

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Just damn.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

With socks?

Please say yes.

:D

3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I hate flying!
    I used to fly to Michigan once every couple months, almost a decade ago....never liked it at all.

Once we were going through a storm w/ bad turbulence....I started panicing and was saying we were going to crash/etc....I got a bunch of kids in the airplane to start crying.

One of the stewardess grabbed me and moved me to first class right behind the cockpit.
    A stunningly beautiful black stewardess sat next to me the whole flight, with my head on a pillow on her lap and wiped the sweat off my face (w/ damp wash-cloth) every once in a while and held my hand. They also gave me a glass (or two, dont remember) of wine.

It was awesome. :clap::clap::cool::clap::clap:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  4. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

My flights to Hawaii were pretty damn turbulent the whole time we were in the air. It sucked, but I somehow managed to sleep on the first two flights. The first one was almost five hours, then a one hour trip to Vegas. I had a few zanax with me, (I had never flown before), and I took one right before they started boarding our six hour flight from Vegas to Honolulu. Damn if I didn't fall asleep before the plane even taxied out and I woke up to the captain advising us we would be landing in Honolulu in thirty minutes. :crackup:

Apparently there was a heck of a crosswind at HNL when we came down as the plane was all sorts of sideways until the rear gear touched down! :eek:

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Until you have flown in an AWACS during an AR I don't want to hear anything about turbulence.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Socks with sandals? Hell no, I bathe. Ain't no dirty nasty hippie.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One thing I hate about flying with Evelyne is she always gets the window so during turbulence I never get to watch the wings flex.

8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

whats an AR

9. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Just do what I did. Look up the aisle and watch the cabin flex. :eek:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: That is fun too. Especially when I watched the attendants either miss a door or just not get one latched all the way, fun to wait and see what'll fall out :D

Seriously though it's pretty damn cool how good they've gotten at avoiding the major stuff.

11. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Not sure why anyone would work on their accounts receivable while on a military plane. Depending on how bad your last quarter was, I guess it could be pretty scary.

12. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I have a fear of stalling just after takeoff with a high bank angle (feel the weightlessness) and the other is a random fear/thought of another plane colliding or chopping the nose clean off midflight and thinking how would I spend the next minute or so.

But I love how easy it is to drop stinkers on planes, fall asleep and there's no guilt, I mean how can you be guilty if you are asleep? I once woke up to a couple beside me holding their nose and complaining about a horrible smell in a foreign accent. I agreed and joined in the condemnation :D

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Are you serious....?

15. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

I'm assuming aerial refueling. They're pretty brutal in the large planes.

16. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

flying story:
    Coming back from Fort Bragg back when I lived in Maine layover in Boston we land in a blizzard plane slip sliding holy shit were are going die crap....ok good job we make it to live again. 3 hour layover great getting worse outside start to see flights getting canceled Ok I am hungry and having been with out beer for a few weeks might as well get hammered cause not going anywhere because of the weather....so I thought..over the loud speaker flight blah blah to Augusta Maine now boarding...oh shit that is me! stumble to gate pretty lady says sir...had my dress greens on..I said no I am just pee on on not a sir ...anyhow she sees I am a little pickled she helps me down the stairs out into the freezing tundra and into this twin prop puddle jumper 8 seat flying broomstick she says have a nice flight...I remember the rig was tring to start and saw sparks and shit coming out of engine...holy cow this is going to suck. I am right next to window on wing. We are the only plane moving taxi out pilot says this is going to be a bumpy flight...understatement of the century. I swear we zig zaged 45 degrees down runway off the ground ok good job. It is not a long flight to Maine but I thought it would never end the pilot had to have burned 2x the normal fuel brrrrrr brrrr the whole way sideways up and down....we made it just fine and remember the pilot standing there as I exit plane with a relived grin on his face I shook his hand and thanked him....grabbed my "a" bag hoofed to meet my mom...of course she said you smell like a brewery I thanked her for picking me up passed out in car glad to be alive

17. I only fly Air France and KLM if it is Business Class.

I only fly Business Class on International flights anymore anyway, but with them, that is the only way i will fly. The economy section on their flights suck ass.

18. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Ya!!!!! .... :clap::cool::clap: :beer:

19. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

In the late 70's (can't remember which year 1977 or 78) I was on an AeroCondor flight from Miami to Cali, Colombia when it lost cabin pressure and we had to descend really quickly(think weightless on a roller coaster drop for over a loooong time while we were all putting on the oxygen masks that drop out of the over head compartments where the lights and air controls are.)I was too young to realize the gravity of the situation but do remember the panick all around me-people screaming,crying,praying,cussing mostly in spanish.
    Dec. 21st, 1995 I get the call that several classmates and friends were killed-(there were 4 survivors out of 160) in American Airlines flight 965 from Miami to Cali,Colombia.
    As I have already stated in another post. I am also a Boeing 737 plane crash survivor in 1993..
    Y'all are a bunch of whiners :rolleyes:

20. migkilr

migkilr Tool

My flying stories are better than yours.