1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

favorite track and why?

Discussion in 'General' started by long path/road, Sep 12, 2022.

1. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Adding Oregon Raceway Park to the list. Read about it, and Gee that sounds fun on an SV ... or an XS

2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Road America, Road Atlanta, PittRace, VIR...in that order. Though I'm planning on going to Barber for the first time this year, so that might change.

KneeDragger_c69 and SundaySocial like this.
  3. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I think it also depends on the bike, but when I was racing the big Panigale nothing tops Road America. Letting that thing stretch it's legs around that place was the most fun I've had on a motorcycle.

I love Barber but it's not a superbike track. But it's probably the most fun I ever had on an SV. (And Grom :D)

R1Racer99 likes this.
  4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Nelson’s Ledges…been riding on it since 1988. It’s like a horrific case of the crabs, you think you’re over that crap but you just can’t help yourself and keep going back again and again

5. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

If you're asking about Daytona, in my case: ZX6R 636 2013 -> stock: 16/43 DIS: 16/40

DmanSlam likes this.
  6. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Likewise, I wouldn't even go to Road Atlanta with my SV. It was basically bone stock with an exhaust and just couldn't catch the draft on the people I was battling with down the back straight. I'd be full throttle before them, and they'd just pull away before we were going fast enough for the draft to matter. Compare that to a place like RRR, the last corner going onto the straight was fast, so I could catch their draft immediately. It did suck if I was lazy about registration and got gridded near the back though. If I couldn't catch the lead group, I had no shot of keeping up pushing my own air.

7. jfcasley

jfcasley Well-Known Member

yes, and it wasn't per bike or rider. If Darrell didn't showup, you just left a check stuffed under the registration door.

8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Budds Creek is like this on open track practice days. If the owner is sleeping in or whatever, just leave the cash with your name in an envelope under the door and go ride. Freaked me out the first time going years ago because I was seasoned enough to roadcourse mentality where you can’t even pretend you’re going on track without a series of jumps and hoops. The other dirt place that neighbors Budds has people at the gate so less free for all

9. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Texas world speedway (RIP) because, it was FAST
    OLD Road Atlanta, and Grattan raceway

10. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Oakhill is sort of how I got into racing and trackdays. I went to college about 20 minutes from there and would occasionally ride out there on the weekends to watch guys practice or watch races on CMRA weekends. Because of the cheap cost and proximity I wanted to ride there. The one stipulation was that you had to have a race license so I signed up with CMRA and got my license so I could do practice days at Oakhill.

11. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Barber and Miller. Because they are lots of fun.

12. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Hockenheim