1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

favorite track and why?

Discussion in 'General' started by long path/road, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

No love for Blackhawk??

2. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Road America
    Road Atl
    Daytona

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn...no votes for the Dragon?

Sudowoodo, F3racer1 and ducnut like this.
  4. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

Laguna, Sonoma and Thunderhill. In no particular order

5. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

Streets of Willow-fun track with a bowl that reminds me of Loudon
    Big willow-Fast, legendary and I like the High Desert
    Mid-Ohio,-fun track and VMD is a little bit of everything
    CMP-since the repave a great place to ride and the first and last turn keep you honest
    RRR because it is 4 hours from home, looking forward to riding the re-paved course

6. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Roebling since my first win was there with CMP a close second with the most wins.

7. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I'm sure I will... Just looking at the races held there, WOW !

Thnx for the advice and I will take my time at the Museum. :)

Also forgot to give a good word for Homestead. Liked that track the one and only time I did it, last December. Holy shit corner 1 is amazeballs !!! And ya need balls too lolll

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Road America. Plain and simple … 4.1 (just under) miles of the most fun you can have with clothes on.

ungwaha likes this.
  9. mdhokie

mdhokie Well-Known Member

Pitt race. I was really hoping to go to Barber or Daytona for the post season with WERA or CCS and add another awesome track to my list, but broke my collarbone last weekend so my season is over a little early. :(

KneeDragger_c69 and Razr like this.
  10. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

I imagine gearing selection is super -tall at DAB. How tall though? What gearing size do you run and what is stock gearing (for comparison purposes)?

11. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Barber
    PIRC (although i've only ridden north course)
    Mid-Ohio
    Nelson Ledges (pre-repave) - this one made you feel like a man

hotnail likes this.
  12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Road Atlanta. T5 and T10A/B are my favorite corners of any track.
    Jennings is probably 2nd on my list but that very well may be because the best races I was ever involved in were there. Trading paint with Tuna 2-3 times per lap, every lap, in 4 different races on the same weekend so that probably skews the results.

Track I most want to ride in America but haven't - Sonoma. Place looks like a blast even if the pavement quality is trash.

Track I most want to ride in the world but haven't - Silverstone. It has literally everything.

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Also, I've never quite understand the infatuation with Barber. It's a neat place but doesn't even break my top 3. And I haven't even raced that many tracks.

A. Barrister likes this.
  14. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

If you're in the NC, I would think Grattan deserves way more love than BHF. Place was sketchy before they installed the chicane out of the carousel, but only marginally less now. Not saying Grattan is the bastion of safety, but it's a far more interesting track, with a better surface (or used to).

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Traxxion Dynamics cul de sac Wednesday night mini races. That was some 50cc fun stuff dragging knees around cones. Add a couple of beers afterwards and talking smack, good stuff.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Daytona… Raced there for the fist time this year and loved it… Ok Flame away…

ungwaha and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  17. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Awesome in it's own special way. You aren't really riding unless you have crumbling asphalt under your wheels at every apex and exit ;)

I remember before track days were a thing, you could show up at Oak Hill and ride all day for, I think it was like $50. No corner workers, no ambulance, and usually only a handful of other riders. Kinda like when we were kids back in the 70s, riding down the Interstate in the back of a pickup, sitting on lawn chairs. Totally safe.

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Monza is so cool and it's has it's own little village inside the paddock.
    Portimao and the downhill to turn 1 is a blast. TV does it no justice either

19. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Did I tell you I liked Ontario Motor Speedway?

I got minor concussed there once.

Did I tell you I liked Ontario Motor Speedway?

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

True on all notes….