1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expansion chamber decarbon ?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by britx303, Jan 11, 2023.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

If you really want to decarbon/defunk a well used chamber, what’s your preferred method? I’ve done the propane torch before, and let the hot crud run out. I’ve got a used chamber coming Saturday, and looking to do a serious deep pre cleaning. Oven cleaner?

2. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

I've heard that one can take a chamber to a place that hot dips engine blocks for cleaning. I have not done it, but I could probably use a cleaning on my chamber too.

britx303 likes this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Why smell the stink , take it to a engine rebuilding shop and have them dip it for you?

britx303 likes this.
  4. britx303

Hmmm I like that idea. No clue if there’s anything local to me but looking into it. I’ll be modifying and Re welding to fit, so want it as clean as possible. Thanks

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Radiator repair shops should be able to do it as well IIRC.

britx303 likes this.
  6. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

After torching and cooking all the goo get a stranded cable, chuck one end in a drill and splay he other end out ( like a brush) and ream out all the crud. It you search youtube with decarbonizing 2T pipe there is a pretty good video. Probably wont be as clean as dipping as suggested but you can do it at home.

britx303 likes this.
  7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Trying to DIY clean a pipe is a mess...and time consuming...and unsatisfactory results are likely.
    Dip.

britx303 and Phl218 like this.
  8. britx303

I’ve been searching, but not finding anybody local. The chambers coming tomorrow, and looking to get this done asap:confused: fml:D

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

This is from the same company that makes Evapo Rust, shit that works wonders on rusted tow chains, gas tanks, etc.
    It's $40/gal, but I don't know if it's available locally...may have to order direct or Amazon. As the name implies, it cleans combustion chamber carbon so it likely works on pipes too. Heat, agitation and time will tell.
    https://orisonmarketing.com/products/piston-kleen™

10. britx303

The “used” chamber came yesterday. It was very clean already…..looked nearly new. And after all my calculations etc where I needed to cut my stock pipe ended up being only a few inches long anyways so was very easy to spray heavy duty goof off and wire brush it. Fit and welded up great. The jetting is now way the hell off though between half over bore and pipe:cool::confused::mad::(;):D

Super Dave likes this.