1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust Can Slider (Protection) ?

Discussion in 'General' started by bluedevil, Oct 9, 2006.

1. bluedevil

bluedevil Well-Known Member

For those considering it on an Akra Hex can for the 06 R6. The measurement is 15" around. So the one you order must be at least that long.

2. APA

APA Well-Known Member

The 15 inch is the XL version.

3. APA

APA Well-Known Member

Advanced Performance Accessories now offers Muffler Sliders in 5 sizes and in 5 colors........ Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange & Black.

Mini version for mini Road Race/Supermoto with tight inside clearance. 12-14.25 inches. $24.95

Regular for MX based Road Race/Supermoto with tight inside clearance. 12-14.25 inches. $29.95

Regular Road Race/Street with High Temp heat barrier for WFO racing with tight inside clearance 12-14.25 inches. $28.95

Full Road Race/Street with High Temp heat barrier for WFO racing with 3/4 inside muffler clearance. 13-14.25 inches $32.95

XL Road Race/Street with High Temp heat barrier for WFO racing with 3/4 inside muffler clearance. 14.25-22 inches $ 34.95

To measure your Muffler Slider location - use a sewing type cloth tape measure or a piece of string and measure around your muffler at your desired location. Also note the inside clearance as full requires 3/4 inch clearance.

Dealer & Race/Track day vendor inquiry's invited.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Instead of rubber hose around the exhaust wouldn't it be more tidy and more effective to have a frame slider attached to the exhaust mounting bolt?

Might be cheaper too, but I'm too busy to do the web search thingy.

5. APA

APA Well-Known Member

Its not a rubber hose. This Muffler Slider was crashed tested twice by a Kawasaki factory 250 supermoto racer....once was a 4th gear WFO low side. Would a rubber hose have survived that?

[​IMG]

The material is specially formulated and manufactured for the Muffler Slider application.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  6. shakenbake

shakenbake Looking for my Burrow Owl

has the melting issue been resolved yet?

7. APA

APA Well-Known Member

The melting issue has been resolved by the addition of 2 different heat barriers that, depending on the application, are included in the kit.

There are many road racers currently running the Muffler Sliders all over the USA.

8. Shyster d'Oil

Sorry, I meant plastic hose.

9. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

These work I have seen them tested on lots of supermoto bikes. I have them on both of mine and I had one melt on the street DRZ400SM and was given a replacement right away. With the heat sheild I have not had any more melting even on the freeway with a DRZ400SM and they are pretty much topped out on the freeway.

GREAT PRODUCT! GREAT SERVICE!

I had a problem and it was taken care of quickly, what more can I say.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

:D

you're such an ass, but i guess you already knew that.

11. Z-man

Z-man Resident Instigator

trying to order a couple XL black ones and I keep getting an error on the site. Somethings got to help me quit breaking cans in half.

Z

12. Shyster d'Oil

Thank you! I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip the waitresses!

13. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

[​IMG]

14. Shyster d'Oil

Yeah, like that! Although i can see how the tip of the muffler might get nicked. But a slider might give very good protection to one of the new R6s with the shorty can.

15. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

or even if that can was cut down some.

16. APA

APA Well-Known Member

Thank you for reporting a site problem.......I will look into it ASAP.

17. APA

APA Well-Known Member

The web site issues have been resolved.

18. APA

APA Well-Known Member

To determine Muffler Slider size needed.......

[​IMG]

19. APA

APA Well-Known Member

20. bluedevil

bluedevil Well-Known Member

A couple updated pics with the muffler slider installed on an Akra Hex can for the 06/07 R6

Attached Files: