1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every day it gets tougher to be black

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Jun 12, 2015.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Thank you for clearing up my misunderstanding of this very important issue..

2. charles

charles The Transporter

It's all about good race relations and proper identification.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Kinda hard to make a proper ID when we're not allowed to mention the race of the subject...

Unless it's a cracka-ass cracka, but we privileged ones don't need to commit crimes. :D

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Maybe it's another scam to stay relevant like the NAACP fake pipe bomb outside their office in Colorado last year.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

6. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Businesses need to quit trying to dictate what we should and shouldnt be allowed to buy. Their job is to facilitate the sale of items people want period. As proof by that video, the "people on the ground" are to stupid to correctly implement the social policies they shouldnt be involved in with anyways.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Businesses have ALWAYS dictated what they choose to sell.

If you don't want to buy what they sell then you go elsewhere. It's like expecting Burger King to sell burritos because you don't want to drive the few blocks to Taco Bell.

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

But what about my freedom to eat what I want when I want and where I want!!!!! Burritos for everyone, everywhere, all the time!!!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm with you there! I want an angry whopper burrito :D

10. charles

charles The Transporter

Ah…so you 'identify' with the angry whopper burrito?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do. And pie.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What makes a whopper angry? I know my guts, butthole and toilet all get angry when I eat a slopper.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jalapenos mainly.

14. aedwards01

Of course businesses can choose what they sell. This isnt an issue of a business simply not wanting to sell something. Theyre attempting to manipulate public opinion and pandering to the mob mentality. A perfect example of this is ebay, their business isnt selling anything. Their job is to facilitate the sale of items. If they want to change policy to say you cant sell something people might find offensive then why can I still buy items displaying the swastika and pictures of Hitler?

15. charles

charles The Transporter

You make a very good point…the issue of public opinion is paramount to a business (or moreso large businesses); step on the 'wrong' side of the line and sales/income drops. Apparently, Hitler gear is still quite popular despite all the bad things people say about him! In fact, I believe that Mel Brooks made a profitable movie, The Producers, in which he sang a song about Hitler…Brooks was not only a Jew but was also a WWII vet (78th Infantry Division).

16. ped

ped Banned

Manipulate? Now any given business is "in on it" too?:crackup:

17. aedwards01

Well I didn't see any great public outcry or petitions to remove or ban the sale of the flag, the businesses took the initiative. If businesses are supposed to be making money then maybe you can tell me why they would ban the sale of an item that had surged more than thirty six hundred percent. I thought the free market and consumer demand dictated what stores choose to sell. Theyre manipulating public opinion by banning it and telling people they did so because its offensive even though fifty seven percent of Americans see it as a symbol of Southern pride and thirty three percent see it as racist. So as much as you want to trivialize it and make it out to be a conspiracy theory, yes, theyre in on it.

[​IMG]

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yet again - pandering is in their best interest as far as they are concerned - why does that matter to you?

If ebay has a policy you don't like, don't use them.

The nazi stuff is the same thing, if you don't like it, shop elsewhere.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They do choose what they sell - and you're bitching about them doing so. How in the world does that make sense?

If your opinion is manipulated by their choices then congrats to them because their advertising is obviously working and working well.

Free market isn't the same thing as consumer demand, free means the stores are free to sell what they wish. If they feel the demand for one product doesn't offset the sales they'd lose on other items then they choose not to sell it. This isn't rocket science, it's high school econ class.

20. ped

ped Banned

you're free to run your business as long as you do what I want and agree with me