1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Endurance 2024. Open discussion..

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by regularguy, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not legal. We have enough speed differential issues for the HW teams to deal with.

2. CleverRiver6

CleverRiver6 Well-Known Member

The new Suzuki gsx8r…would that fit in lightweight? The way I currently read the rules the answer is no, but it seems to fit squarely in that category

3. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

It does in MA. I've not even seen one at a WERA event yet. But LWT is up to 700cc with more than 3 valves per cyl. I've not dissected MA rules to see how it makes it in the LWT.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2024
  4. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

It is also legal in ASRA but not WERA yet. We have a couple of them that we are testing at track days and plan to run them next year.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  5. mrrogers

mrrogers Well-Known Member

How do they do against others outside of MA? An extra 80cc and the freedom the LWT rules provide aren't a good combo on paper for the existing bikes.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope and no it doesnt because it's too big.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW get enough of them and I'll consider a MW Twins - not sure for endurance but for now they're not remotely close.

stickboy274 likes this.
  8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Just a heads up, at Roebling Road, we will have a bunch of Dunlop cash. If you've done well in the first two endurance races, come see us so we can get you paid.

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

cash or certificates?

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Certs that have cash value to use towards, tires.