1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

early birds or up all nite?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shenanigans, Jan 25, 2013.

1. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

I blame my lack of sleepinng on all the shock "therapy" when I was younger.

2. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

Something to consider for people with sleep issues. I had these problems when I was getting up all messed up in the morning, or woke up in the middle of the night all tense and couldn't go back to sleep. Looks like it was related to bad gut flora, wrong bacteria living there, incorrect pH balance -- these kind of things. We all have something like 4lbs of various bugs in the gut and the wrong ones will keep ya awake and tox ya out. Taking antibiotics will do that, eating/drinking too much or wrong stuff or at wrong times will too.

3. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Get a sleep study. My old work insurance covered it and my buddy needed the mask. Never would have known other wise.

4. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

usually in bed by 10 and I can barely make myself wake up by 5:45 for work...that leaves me 10-15 minutes to shower and get out the door

5. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

the wife...but i dont recall that kind of "doing" that night. she was pissed that i didnt get us a hotel.

we did see wolves though!

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

:rock:

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I do software dev, and for a couple years I worked entirely remotely. End result of that, is absolute loss of and semblance of a normal schedule. I figured out that my natural circadian rhythm is slightly longer than one day, it's around 25.5 hours. Left completely to my own devices, I go to sleep about an hour and a half later than the previous night, consistently. Worked out so that my schedule would completely flip flop between normal and nocturnal about every two weeks.

8. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

Everybody is like that. If you put a person in a cave without any time measuring devices they'll start living on a lunar day schedule.