1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divorce help - God Damn Epidemic

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Nothing wrong with wanting to be treated like a queen, so long as she is willing to treat him (in this case) like a king. Weirdly, didn’t hear that…

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'm pretty sure that there is something wrong with expecting to be treated like a queen or a king. Aside from just saying that without really meaning it, either assertion literally means subservience. In such an extreme arrangement, even an opinion would be off limits unless it were asked for. In lieu of queen, ask for deference, respect, truth, and common decency. I ask for regular bj too, but that's just me.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Define "regular" :p

jrsamples likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Dafuq mang, you jump our shit over calling Princess Pariah out for her irrational sense of entitlement, and you hadn’t even read the article?

Twenty lashes with a 3’ screwdriver on a treadmill!

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And contrast with “irregular”…

SuddenBraking likes this.
  6. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this new craze of "treated like a queen" (very rarely have I heard king), is nuts to me. If I were single and dating that phrase would be an immediate turn off. Enough that I would get up and leave the date. You're not a queen, I'm not a king...we're two regular-ass people trying to live life.

7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Its almost like women dont know how much of a pain in the ass they are to men....

8. lopitt85

I disagree. The mere idea of wanting to be treated like a queen would make have serious questions about the way a person thinks and the long term viability of a relationship with them. I don't think people with this mindset will stay and work through the conflicts and difficulties that are inevitable in any marriage. Hence the current divorce rate.

As I talk to friends and see the, IMO, craziness that is the current dating culture, it just makes me love my wife all the more, and appreciate that we found each other.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Having a thriving market for t-shirts that say "I have the pussy, so I make the rules" doesn't much engender a society that values cooperation and compromise...

StaccatoFan likes this.
  10. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Henry the VIII would like a word with her.

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be treated like a queen, which can be simply a figure of speech for people who don’t bother to know themselves, nevermind the other half of the equation, before they get married, or even sooner, latch onto the idea of being married as some sort of advancement in their lives, for whatever reason.

The aspect that threw up the red flag for me was I didn’t hear her endeavoring to earn/deserve it. A queen has obligations. But it is the Daily Fail, so who knows.

She is stuck, between cultures, generations, etc.

kevinr and BigBird like this.
  12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i mean bro, you can have all the standards in the world. it IS good to have standards. it means you have some self worth. you can't be mad or salty about it though if you set them so high that nobody comes a knockin on your door. her vision of herself and the reality of her place in the world (or the world in general) are not aligned, which is most of the ACTUAL problem here.

pickled egg, jrsamples and Yzasserina like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If your standards make your life miserable, maybe they need to be adjusted a little.

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So you are saying to keep your standards low and never be disappointed?

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I suppose that's one way to do it.

16. Sweatypants

keep your standards moderate, and manage your expectations of others

jrsamples likes this.
  17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Man gotta save time these days, can't waste what little life we have left reading every word. :moon:

pickled egg likes this.
  18. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Wait we are supposed to have expectations of others??!!?

19. Sweatypants

a few ain't bad. there's a large grey area between "i have zero expectations of my partner so i'll never be disappointed and its cool they do absolutely nothing for me ever, i'll just take care of everything myself" and "i expect to be treated like a queen." for example, one could possibly say, "i have expectations that my partner contributes to our household income and general chores/upkeep of the house we both live in as a partnership so we can grow together towards a common goal." two of those sound real stupid and illogical, one sounds reasonable? hopefully? maybe?

BigBird and Yzasserina like this.
  20. lopitt85

IMO, it's just a fundamental difference between men and women. I don't think you'll ever (very rarely is probably a better measure) hear a man say "I'm looking for a woman to treat me like a king" out in the dating market. But it is a regular phrase for women. Generally speaking, men don't like that line of thinking, as it's a HUGE red flag for us regarding that person's patterns of thinking and view of the world.

We absolutely agree here. Her traditional Indian upbringing and values, mixed with a westernized view of dating, relationship wants, and marriage, is painting her into a very small corner. It's a recipe for a long and lonely life unless there is either: A) a drastic change on her part, or B) the small chance that she meets the unicorn she's looking for.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    Sweatypants likes this.