denver intl car rental

Discussion in 'General' started by r6fast, Mar 1, 2016.

1. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I was wondering who people use when flying into Denver when they rent a car. Looking at google reviews they all seem to be really terrible. I found a really cheap rental through ace, but the reviews are def making me think twice about using them. Anyone have a good rental car coupon code?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, all the car rental companies suck. Hertz, for me, sucks the least.

What kind of car you renting?

3. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Looking to get a SUV as I am hoping to get some back country riding in.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, just take whoever you can get the best rate with.

5. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Oh, I don't know. My last rental was through budget and got upgraded from an economy to a brand new Grand Cherokee. Of course, it was in Plattsburgh, NY and they only had 3 vehicles..LOL!!

6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I use Avis each time I fly in there. If I don't like the car that's there, I look around and grab something about the same or a little better and just tell them that's what was in the slot assigned to my name.

7. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

National, because I get emerald executive status and can pick what I want. I have always been pretty happy with the selection at DEN on the emerald aisle, even before I got any status with them.

Johnny B likes this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Avis and National are my company's 2 preferred vendors so whichever my travel agent reserves with. Haven't had any issues with either of them. Seems like I've gone with Avis more often over the years.

9. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

National, pretty much every time unless its unavailable, which is rare. I love the "Emerald club member, walk straight out and pick your car" places...Once you book an Executive level, pretty much anything on the lot is fair game. That $150 a day SUV or Pick-up? Yup, your $42 a day rate makes it yours...

Johnny B likes this.
  10. yamahogg500

yamahogg500 Well-Known Member

Enterprise is my fave. least amount of bull. I avoid thrifty/National like the plague. After getting
    bogus toll camera tickets from cities I was never in and having them billed to my credit card. This happened twice
    and I protested them only to never hear back.

Johnny B likes this.
  11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Man i hate to crush your hate-on, but Enterprise and National are the same company....so you're STILL giving National $$$

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Avis internationally, Enterprise nationally.

I know this to be fact because someone told me and I've mindlessly taken their advice ever since.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Enterprise when I can, even if the rate is a few bucks more. I used to work at an Enterprise out of college, and they really do try to do right by the customer. They really take customer feedback and issues super serious.

If the rate is a lot different, I try to stay with one of the national chains (Alamo, etc.) I would stay away from the smaller companies.

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Avis and Budget are the same Company with the same cars and they swap back and forth. Budget is usually way cheaper for the same cars. Book on line, not at a terminal. Also, avis/budget are the only ones I'm aware of that have suvs and trucks with hitches. They even have brake controllers. Just don't tell them your going to be towing.

15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I rent every week from hertz for business and they treat me pretty well. When I travel for fun my wife and I usually rent through autoeurope.com

It is a US based company and their prices are always very good in my experience. That's my favorite discount rental car website.

16. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Fox Discount has the worst reviews of any rental company there, but I rent from them every time I ski out there, and never have a problem. Its always way cheaper than the big names. Rent a mid sized SUV, and its pretty much guaranteed to be an AWD. Don't bother paying for a 4wd.

17. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

That was one of the ones I was looking at to rent from, them and ace have the cars a lot cheaper then the other major ones. AVIS has a decent AMA discount but are still $100 a week more then Fox.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh yeah, I got hit with that for $27 from some company via Hertz. Not enough to fight but enough to piss me the f@ck off.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

I've yet to have any issues with National over the last decade or so. Prices are good, people are friendly, online reservations are great and at most airports you just grab the car you like in the right category.

I did use Hertz once when we went to Laguna to get the Hertz Shelby ragtop.