1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear Suzuki

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Glad Mir will ride red next year.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Agreed.

Suzuki used to be about "Own The Racetrack".

What will the new slogan be? Own an EV?

Blame Volkswagen I guess.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

‘Toe, want me to make is worse for you?

Suppo said in an interview posted over at gpone that most of the bikes and spares are going to be tossed in the crusher for tax reasons. They’ll save a couple of bikes for a museum or whatever but the rest will be crushed and shredded.

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

5. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Ugghhh...always ridden a suzuki and rooted for their riders...I think the "what would have been feeling" stinks:confused:

BigBird likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Boys it's all over but the slow walking and the sad singing.

TEAM SUZUKI RACING TO CLOSE

Team Suzuki Press Office – December 1.

Re: www.suzuki-racing.com website

This is to inform you that the above titled website will be closed at the end of December 2022. For further information and updates from Suzuki, please visit www.globalsuzuki.com/motorcycle/ where you can find latest news including racing activities by Suzuki distributors nation by nation.

On the closure of the suzuk-racing.com site, the following related SNS pages, as well as the Team Suzuki Twitter and Instagram are also to be closed.

www.suzuki-racing.com
    www.facebook.com/Team.Suzuki.Racing
    www.youtube.com/user/SuzukiRacingNews
    www.suzuki-motogp.com
    www.facebook.com/suzukimotogp
    www.youtube.com/suzukimotogp

The suzuki-racing.com site started in 1999, and has reported Suzuki Racing News event reports, news items and images, covering many of Suzuki's brilliant racing achievements in all categories of motorcycle racing worldwide.

We take this opportunity to thank you for visiting and supporting the site for so many years.

Sincerely,

The www.suzuki-racing.com Team

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I guess as long as they keep making parts for my K5 I'll live. I honestly haven't been much excited about Zook since Elias won the MotoA title on the revamped 2017 bike and when Mir won in 2020. Their lack of enthusiasm since then has caused my own lack of enthusiasm in kind.

8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

The death of a brand once near and dear to me.

9. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Very sad.

10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I was discussing this with a friend. He suggested that Japanese companies, culturally, don't fail and go away. They get bought out by venture capital groups, and continue, sometimes as something else, but they don't go away entirely. His example was what became of Olympus camera brand. It was failing, was bought up, and rebranded as O-M so it could continue.

11. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

'Toe u gonna be OK?

Its OK to grieve and cry

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Where's "HAYATE" when we need you?

[​IMG]

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hopefully someone will buy the domain name when they forget to renew it and hold it for them. :D

Yzasserina and Banditracer like this.
  14. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Wondering now if M4 Ulrich racing team shows Suzuki the door and rolls on a new brand to campaign on???

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Really doesn’t make sense to continue with Suzuki, other than simply having bikes and parts to race in the near term. Sure be nice if Kawi, Honda, Aprilia, or even Ducati would increase their involvement via Ulrich’s team.

evakat likes this.
  16. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I was under the impression that m4 already were using old bikes, not receiving support or $$ from Suzuki for Superbike going on 2 years now. This impression is derived from Fongs interview, Ulrich interviews, and Greg's podcasts.

17. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because I don’t know shit about jumpy jump jump dirty bike racing and know even less about Roczen.

Dear Suzuki, I want a pony!

Steeltoe and henry_carlson like this.
  19. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Kawasaki put Hopkins out of a MotoGP job and Melandri put the Hayate on the podium in LeMans!

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hopkins put himself out of a job with his Goberting.
    Once he cut that shit out he tried Mick Foleying himself out of racing. I’m happy he crab walked away before they had to take him off the track in a bucket.

Buuuuutttt, if he had stayed with Suzuki in motogp he’d be a multiple time motogp world champ, a two time American idol champ and the lead trombone player at the Detroit philharmonic! :D

Steeltoe and Knotcher like this.