1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycle Jam 2016

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, May 31, 2016.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Thanks

2. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

:D
    Earliest I'll be there is Friday evening about 9pm. Latest Sat at 4am:D. So, not gonna be able to grab a spot.:(

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Ok

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On that note - for those of you who want to save spots for others, that's fine - Thursday... And for only one other person. Do not rope off 20,000 square feet for you want your buddies because one of you can get off work and the others will be there Saturday morning. There are a lot of other people who make the effort to get there too and the paddock does get filled up. Do not however if you show up in the middle of the night move ANY banners or caution tape or cones or anything else marking off spots. If you didn't put the stuff out there it's not saved for you - a lot of it may be things I have roped off for vendors and sponsors and I absolutely will be moving you while you're trying to get ready for tech and practice first thing in the morning. Also keep things tight, don't spread out as if you're running out of a semi when you've got a van from down by the river :D Thanks!

For those who haven't been to Road Atlanta, check out the Google Map I posted earlier. I paint blue chalk lines through the center of the paddock running from the T12 end to T1 to make a road down the middle as well as another lane perpendicular to that by the bathrooms. Between the blue line and the yellow is where you can park. Between the blue lines is a road. For those on the pit lane side of things you can go out to the yellow line, ignore the white one (they usually put the trash barrels on the white, no clue why). Between the yellow lines on the back side by the hill is a fire lane so do not block it at all - not even a foot. Imagine a dually coming through the paddock at speed, if it'll hit your stuff get it out of the road :D

Also on the parking, be nice please. I don't want any hissy fits.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Are we aloud to pit on the grass area up top?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure. No promises on PA and the like up there but you can pit up there.

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Thanks I'm going to try for the second level but with the kids we kinda need room for a tent and not be walking up and down hills all day

9. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

My truck isn't a dually, but my trailer is about that wide ;)

10. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

I had planned on Pitting near Jeff myself. Coming from Orlando, I wont get there until Friday morning.

11. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

I'll do my best to save you guys some spots.

12. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

Tried to pre register but the site is giving me an error. Any one else getting an error?

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

/maps/shared/functions_db.asp, line 9

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah - I was upgrading SQL Server on the server last night and forgot a very important database (the one with all of the user login stuff for the website) - working on it now.

Sorry!!!!

14. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

No worries, it happens. I'll try it again later tonight.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So far no good - still working on it. As you can tell I'm not a SQL expert by any stretch so faking it as I go :D

16. boogiesg

boogiesg Well-Known Member

My bad, shouldn't have made my username "John'); DROP TABLE Riders;--" :)

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! This one was all me upgrading and a db name change. Tried to fix it for two 12-14 hour days and then went nuclear with a total reinstall after nuking all old versions.

18. boogiesg

boogiesg Well-Known Member

Are there going to be any practice sessions on Thursday?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope.

20. Brad Perdiew

Brad Perdiew Active Member

I'm having trouble finding the link to the google map you are referring to.. could you repost pleeez?

Also, the main reason I got on here this morning was, after the shocker up at grattan 2 when our fee to get in leaped up to $200 for the 4 of us to get in and pit where we had been pitting... I was looking for a solid expectation of what a 4 person team will need to have in cash at the gate?

I know you don't set these prices but does someone know what we will be charged rolling in sunday night? (also is there a deadline to get to the gate by?)
    Sorry if this listed somewhere, I looked for a while but I'm getting old and less efficient at finding stuff online!