1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Motocycle Paint + Race Bodywork

Discussion in 'Other' started by D-Swens, Jul 25, 2008.

1. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

My last thread got swept away, so here is the new one (with a little too much information:beer: ):

As a custom bike painter, over the past few seasons I've had the opportunity to work with more and more WERA racers (as well as CCS, ASRA, and trackday riders) and its been nothing but great. I can handle anything from simple one color jobs and individual pieces, to 10 bikes at a time for your race team...or just 1 really nice paint job on your trackday bike. I personally do every bit of work from start to finish on every part that leaves the shop with my name on it. I take great pride in what I do and really enjoy creating the finished product.

My shop and paint booth are set up strictly for motorcycles. All the rack and hanging systems, as well as the booth and lighting are designed specifically for motorcycle parts and their complex design characteristics (such as gas tanks, small parts, and the crazy aerodynamics of newwer skinz). This is not a car/body shop that paints bikes on the side. This is a full-service custom motorcycle paint shop, capable and experienced in everything from show quality airbrush artwork, to custom sheet metal and fiberglass fabrication and repair. I am very familiar with the differences in paint requirements on motorcycle gas tanks and performance parts in all materials such as Ti, Magnesium, Aluminum, and stainless, as well as OEM Plastic bodywork and aftermarket fiberglass. I do VERY thourough prep-work to ensure a smooth finish and long lasting adhesion and durrability. When working with you to choose graphics and colors, I give great consideration to the unique form and body-lines on your specific motorcycle, especially when laying out number plates on the nose and tail. I use only the best of the best Anest/Iwata spray guns from primer to clearcoat, and top of the line filtration systems as well. In addition to the equipment and attention to detail, I use high quality paint systems as well, from DuPont, PPG, and House of Color depending on the bike, colors involved, and desired finish.

When it comes to airbrush artwork, pinstripes and graphics, or general design, absolutely anything is possible; your wallet is pretty much the only limiting factor. I am an Artist by trade and education, so nothing is too detailed or intricate. I understand firsthand the Racer/Trackday budget and will work with you to try to get you the best quality paint job that I can within a fair and realistic budget:

*Custom paint work is different every time, and is therefore custom priced by the job, depending upon the labor and material costs involved. On a clean, new set of race bodywork (Upper, Lower, Tail, Fender, Undertail) Single-stage solid color jobs usually start at around $300. A nice multi-color paint job, with metalics and pearls, and pinstriped number plates, blacked out ram air tubes, sponsor panels on the lower, and with 3 or 4 coats of slick clear-coat on top will generally run $375- $600 depending on the complexity. For example, a very authentic Yoshimura Suzuki or M4 EmgoReplica would be around $600. Finish quality in this price range would be about equal to or better than your stock OEM finish.

*Full AMA, WSBK, and MotoGP Factory Race Replicas (Jordan Suzuki, Corona, Xerox ect...) are more affordable than you might think...I can produce a bike that looks like it just rolled out of the factory paddock if that’s what you want…or custom designed one-off bikes for your team, sponsor, or company can be created with a top of the line, unique professional look.

*Repairs and re-finishes are available as well: I can fix dented gas tanks, weld broken OEM plastics, and re-glass broken and rashed fiberglass as well. Repairs are priced by the job, but can start at around $50 w/paintjob. If you have a big job, I’ll be glad to discuss the cost and quality differences between repairing your rough stuff or starting over with a new set.

*Finish quality is available all the way up to Show Winning Quality, if you desire to make your race rocket that nice. I got my start in the industry painting for a few high end dealerships (mostly Custom Choppers, H-D's, and Show Bikes), and I do a lot of Show-Room jobs for Big Dog still, so I am used to anal customers that demand absolute perfection, but it does cost a little more - call me if you would like to discuss pricing for a high-end job you have in mind.

*I am also a Dealer for Attack Performance and Sharkskinz Bodywork. I can offer you a 10 - 20% discount bellow retail cost when you buy your bodywork through me with a paintjob.

Thanks for your time. Please do not hesitate to call or email with any questions at all, I'd be glad to help if I can...

Drew 804.869.8689?andrew.w.swenson@gmail
    AndrewSwensonDesign.Com (Under Construction)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  2. D-Swens

Work Examples...

Attached Files:

3. D-Swens

More Samples...

Attached Files:

4. D-Swens

More Paint...

Attached Files:

5. D-Swens

Guess what??? more samples...

Attached Files:

6. D-Swens

more shtuff...

Attached Files:

7. D-Swens

samplage...

Attached Files:

8. D-Swens

some more simple/clean stuff...

Lemme know if anybody wants to see some examples of street bikes ect...

Attached Files:

9. BuiltforSin

BuiltforSin In the grass

I wish you would've posted this up last month when I low-sided, and got new plastics. Nice work though. If it happens again I know who to go through. :up:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  10. k6sinfiddy

k6sinfiddy Well-Known Member

damn nice work on the paint may have to contact you over the winter.
    btw love that avatar!!

11. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

nice looking stuff, the jordon replica looks sweet!

12. D-Swens

Chirs you're the man...

The beautiful, precision vinyl work is thanks to Cruzel...

I've got a bunch of pics for you when I get back in town chris...don't worry they're commin:beer:

13. D-Swens

Thank you sir...gimme a buzz and i'll paint that avatar on your helmet:beer:

14. D-Swens

It was up here on the last thread, sorry u missed it...and sorry about the lowside, glad u know were I am next time...good luck stayin upright:up:

15. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Beautiful work :)

16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

17. D-Swens

Just a head's up, I'm out on vacation this week, and will be back on Sun. I'll return all emails and pm's first thing when I get back with detailed info and quotes ect...
    thanks again to everybody

18. D-Swens

19. D-Swens

updates...

Attached Files:

20. BuiltforSin

BuiltforSin In the grass

What's usually your turn around time paint a bike just one solid color? And price?