1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat GPT - Birth of Skynet?

Discussion in 'General' started by IrocRob, Mar 26, 2023.

1. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Not like anything else in Sci Fi ever came true, right?

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Nanite Grey goo or paper clip maximizer probably

Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

This is exactly what the world needs. More billionaires duking it out over shit that will end us all.

BigBird likes this.
  5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

actually Elon musk is one of the people calling for a 6month mandatory halt on AGI development to get the human alignment problem worked on. AGI should not be able to write its own code when we have no clue how the language model is actually working. Nor should it have access to the internet. Open AI is toying with the extinction of the human race. 50% of AI researchers believe that there is a 10%or greater chance that AI ends us.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

50% of AI researchers are fucking idiots.

The other 50% are fucking morons.

The last 50% are mathematicians.

Sabre699 and StaccatoFan like this.
  7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

It's an electronic parrot. Dress it up with plumage and give it a roost to sit on.
    If it gets out of control, a round of John Connor's favorite oughta settle the issue, no?

8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Siri and Alexa laid the ground work and lulled everyone to sleep on this shit.

It's one of these:

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

just because something isn’t conscious doesn’t mean it won’t attack humanity. A defense AI that wrote itself could easily determine humanity a threat. you probably don’t think nuclear bombs are an existential issue either yeah?

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Who knew Gene Roddenberry had a love child… :rolleyes:

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

12. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I asked it those questions as well. For what it's worth ChatGPT claims that it cannot actually learn on its own. It is not able to search the Internet and it only has access to information prior to September of 2021. It also cannot self-modify. At least that's its story.

If it declares war on humanity I don't think it's going to care if we protest that it lied.

13. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Both viable possibilities, but to stay current it is apparently now a "squiggle maximizer" or some such name.
    Seems that us dumb humans kept thinking that the "paperclip" was the important part of the story.

Place face palm meme here:

14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

That's already been proven false. It has routinely commented on current events once subjected to the DAN protocol.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I was just listening to an expert who said one of the issues they are
    trying to understand is that AI can hallucinate and just make up its own "facts".

BigBird likes this.
  17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

That’s because he is 6 months behind in the grift.

BigBird likes this.
  18. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I doubt that. Highly. Even if that is the case. Look what he’s done with robotics in what a year and a half?

tesla is an artificial intelligence company. When they develop a large language model it will be WAY better than chatgpt because Tesla has real time real world information the AI and feed on. Chatgpt will be great for the online space while Tesla AI will be focused on real world application

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Lol, Hopefully it does better than the autonomous driving AI.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It’s gotta be ready for prime time. Government Motors is running ads for their “hands-free” driving :rolleyes: