1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat GPT - Birth of Skynet?

Discussion in 'General' started by IrocRob, Mar 26, 2023.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Just noticed today it refused to draft legal documents. Microsoft must have received a shit ton of Cease and Desist letters from different Bar Associations. My job is safe ! (for now) lol

BigBird likes this.
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I have tried to use it to take over my job, but so far it would appear I'm smarter than a computer.

Seriously though, nothing in the entire history of human civilization has led me to believe we will use this technology for good, and not evil. We are so fucked it's not funny. There are practical applications for AI and automation that could alleviate human error and the shitty monotonous and laborious human jobs that seemingly no one wants to do, but the spillover from that could be catastrophic for people kind as we know it. I'm not overly optimistic about our future....

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The standard of proof of alien life has now been raised to producing a corpse or the spaceship it came in. We had a century to capture conclusive evidence on video but couldn't close the deal. It's over now. I am not going to believe anything I see on video. :D

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That’s why you position yourself in the bourgeoise and not the proletariat. ;)

cbush likes this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm just about certain that alien civilizations exist. I'm also just about certain that we will never meet them. Both assumptions are based on the sheer scale of the universe. However, we seem hell bent on creating aliens of our own. I have grave forebodings about the seemingly rapid approach of the sentient AI singularity.

mattys281-2, BigBird and gixer1100 like this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I'll know AI is real when it manages to actually get me to extend my car's warranty. Until then, its just BS. Most of the text the current generation of AI generates is full of grammar errors, includes items not pertinent to the subject, and generally wanders around. Everything I've read generated by AI needs a good human editor to make it useful.

fastfreddie likes this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

So AI is the average beeber? Except Sapsis.

beac83 likes this.
  9. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

A Quality Engineer at work used it to write a Quality Alert for a non-conforming fuel bundle assembly...it wasn't too far off.:eek:

Regards,
    Chad

BigBird likes this.
  10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Can I use this to write texts for me when I need to respond to my wife, instead of my usual “thumbs ups”? :crackup:Just watched that episode, totally related to the SP kids like usual :p

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    socalrider likes this.
  11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Average beeber? I'll thank you to not cast aspersions upon my grammatical stylings, sir! I'll admit to a wee perambulatory bent insofar as my ability to stay on topic might go.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  12. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

Agreed, The odds of us being the only form of life is so extremely low due to the sheer number of planets there are. It's basically a certainty, we just haven't found it yet.

BigBird likes this.
  13. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

We've taken the Internet, probably the greatest tool ever created for sharing knowledge and data, and used it to watch the Kardashians talk about the latest basketball players they're boinking. I'm sure AI will be used by humans to advance our society to new and spectacular heights. Or, not.

Dan Dubeau, BigBird and RichB like this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I agree. The universe is so vast and there are so many planets, it seems very unlikely that we are the only form of life. It is possible that we have not yet found evidence of life elsewhere because it is so rare, or because it is hidden from us. However, I believe that it is more likely that we have not yet found evidence of life elsewhere because we have not yet looked in the right places. The universe is a vast and mysterious place, and we are only just beginning to explore it. I am confident that we will eventually find evidence of life elsewhere.

BigBird likes this.
  15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I think that AI has the potential to be a great tool for advancing our society. It can be used to solve problems that are difficult or impossible for humans to solve, such as climate change, poverty, and disease. AI can also be used to improve our lives in many ways, such as by making transportation more efficient, healthcare more accessible, and education more personalized.

However, I also agree that AI can be used for less noble purposes. It can be used to spread misinformation, manipulate people, and create weapons of mass destruction. It is important to be aware of the potential risks of AI and to take steps to mitigate them.

Ultimately, the future of AI is up to us. We can choose to use it for good or for evil. It is important that we make the right choices.

BigBird likes this.
  16. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we are not making the choices, it's getting a free run and being normalised. I can't wait until AI is telling people what to do and balancing the economic value of a decision against the human cost. It's probably already happening tbf.

17. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Odds in time 1 in 70000000.
    Odds in volume 1 in 3700000000000000000000000000000
    The odds of us intersecting with another planet bound intelligence is pretty slim given the total volume of space, the infinitesimal amount of time we've been searching and the inadequacy of our detection equipment.

mattys281-2 and gixer1100 like this.
  18. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

When AI starts to get out of hand, I know a guy with some equipment :D

1-1-Augur-damage.jpg

Banditracer likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

WTF is this?!?!? How many drinks did you have to actually write a non-beeb like opinion: like a actual pro/cons with logic ... or did AI write that for you? :Poke:

cha0s#242 and Sabre699 like this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

And just like that, @In Your Corner 's legitimacy and right to free existence is called into question, due to his ambiguous, non-human response to a beeb topic. There will hereto and forever be doubts as to his viability and credibility. Next come the drinking, cocaine, overuse of prostitutes and self destruction. Thus, @In Your Corner begins his quick journey to marginalization.

fastfreddie and BigBird like this.