1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat GPT - Birth of Skynet?

Discussion in 'General' started by IrocRob, Mar 26, 2023.

1. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

2. I use ChatGPT quite a bit and it is creepy the shit it can do for you and this is just scratching the surface. AI scares the shit out of me in a lot of ways.

Phl218, cha0s#242 and R1Racer99 like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Why use AI when GS* is so much more prevalent?

*Genuine Stupidity

fastfreddie likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

cbush, Pride & Joy and evakat like this.
  5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I use it every week. Right now it drafts legal documents at the level of a first year lawyer, which is stupid scary to me and my job. I don't know where this is going but I don't like it.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Is it free?

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

There's a free version and a paid version. Paid one gives you Access to the newer software which is supposed to be even better. It can pass AP classes, etc.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was thinking it was my exit from the bbs. Click it on and I’m gone. :D

got to get a dead Dave k mode on it and when I’m dead dead I can still f@ck with you all.

that’d be truly funny to me, I’m dead for 6 months and still stirring the shit. :D

9. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

woof see official you tube thread for skid marks

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Draft a 100 word bbs post in the style of used Dave K from forums.13x.com

Hey guys, Dave K here!

I just wanted to drop by and say what's up to all my fellow forum members. I've been a member of this community for a while now, and I've gotta say, I love the conversations we have here.

Lately, I've been really getting into the world of 3D printing. It's such a fascinating technology, and the possibilities are endless. I've been tinkering with my own printer and experimenting with different materials and designs.

So if any of you are into 3D printing too, hit me up! I'd love to chat about it and maybe even swap some ideas.

Anyway, keep being awesome, and I'll catch you all later!

-Dave K

that was very far from the style of dave. research his style more, he's very sarcastic and vulgar

I apologize for the misstep in my previous response. As an AI language model, I strive to accurately emulate human writing styles, but I understand that my previous response may not have captured Dave K's particular style.

Here's another attempt at a 100 word BBS post in the style of Dave K from forums.13x.com:

Yo, what's up bitches? It's your boy Dave K, coming at you with some real talk. I don't know about you guys, but lately, I've been feeling like a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest. Life's been throwing some serious curveballs my way, and let me tell you, I'm not happy about it.

But you know what? I'm not one to sit around and cry about it. Nah, I'm gonna put on my big boy pants and kick life's ass right back. And if any of you losers wanna join me, hit me up. Let's show life who's boss.

-Dave K

lol :D

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No mention of hatchbacks, lacrosse or skull fucking an ear hole. Definitely not the genuine article.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Only way ChatGPT is the birth of skynet is if it was fed Skynet as training info. It's just obfuscated copyright abuse at this point, it can't come up with a purely unique new idea, just a mangling of what it's been trained on, stringing words together based on what it believes you'll like the most.

Users of it be aware - The copyright office has reiterated that nothing AI generated can be copywritten, and if you use AI generation in part of an item you intend to copyright, even just to help, you have to disclose that in your app and portions or all of the content may be barred from copyright. Enjoy!

13. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I tend to be skeptical about claims I read on the Internet (imagine that). But if it's true that anything AI generated cannot be copywritten the next question would be where the line is drawn as to what constitutes AI. If I write an algorithm that generates images (CGI) can I copyright said images? What's the difference between an algorithm that generates text based on a set of rules and one that generates images based on a set of rules? If what you say is true about copyright laws Disney's litigious lifestyle is about to get a lot tougher to sled.

14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Dead giveaway...

SuddenBraking and cha0s#242 like this.
  16. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Between this and Deep Fake video how can anything be believed moving forward? Answer: It can't. We are doomed as a species.

beac83 and 418 like this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

AI-generated output may finally be the tipping point that makes people stop looking at their phones and get on with normal life again. Hope so.

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Or, one big step closer to the movie Idiocracy.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]