1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB350 twin value

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by ChemGuy, May 5, 2023.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

the little centerstand grab rail is the best part. probably 95pct of all of the ones i ever got were missing that thing. id say swing through baltimore and ill load you up with enough spares to sell and get your 250 back but i honestly cant bare the thought of someone else having to deal with the mountain of crap i still have. order jets and o rings for those carbs right off. 68/110 from what i remember. and diaghrams if you keep the stock carbs. petcock is probably frozena dnif its not, its gonna leak everywhere. lol. motors are stupid easy to rebuild. nos 1mm pistons and rings were getting hard to find last i looked. the cams and followers are always pitted. transmissions are bulletproof. brakes suck. looks all there. would be a great racebike project.

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I've got a bunch of stock stuff laying around, too, if you need something. I'll be glad to get rid of it.

3. skip75

skip75 Well-Known Member

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Hey Coop....great meeting you and your brother!......nice bikes and great deal man, thanks!

Beautiful places you have in them western hills of Maryland.

Holler if you ever get back to going to any races.

Norton 357 likes this.
  5. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

Thanks for helping out with that pick up CY!

Am I gonna have to wrastle you for that CL? :beer:

6. CharlieY

Anytime James, I'm glad it worked out.

And YES, I've thought about a "Wrassel off"!:beer::crackup: ......it looks like a really nice bike as far as barn finds go. I think you are gonna be happy.

It got interesting packing them in, but we got it done!....it was a full load!

7. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

You guys busted a move to MD to scoop up those bikes? I love it!

8. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

It was great meeting you Charlie. When we started, I NEVER thought those bikes would fit in your trailer but you made it happen. The next time you're in the Mid Atlantic region, let me know as I'd like to come to see you race. I want to see how low you corner:D;) Hope you like the bike James.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    Norton 357 likes this.
  9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Seriously?

10. CharlieY

I scooped em up on the way back from NJMP.....what a great frikkin track!

Hope you are well Buff

11. CharlieY

:rolleyes::beer:

Great time up at NJMP Scudder.....you gonna make Barber or what?....not that I would hang out with you or anything, just wondering if I need to be on the lookout:Poke::D

12. CharlieY

Ha! Thanks Coop....it took all 3 of us, huh?

I'll holler WHEN I do coop.....I wanna do Summit sometime, but I liked NJ and would go back.

Later man!

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I might just turn up somewhere when you least expect it...keep looking over your shoulder mate.

14. CharlieY

:beer: Scudder! :crackup:.....I can see it now, in typical british humor, .......there's me on the crapper, and BAM there's Scudder!:crackup::rock: ....oh, and Scudder slips, falls over, :eek:and the outhouse threatens to capsize.....that's what Im talkin about over here.o_O:D

Coop, that 350 appears to be in really nice shape! It has a nice new home with James:flag: ....and Ive got first dibs before it goes anywhere else.

The 750 is nice as well, but overall the 350 is in better shape......were they stored together or separately?......The 750 cleaned up pretty good too, nice original paint, chrome and wheels are toast, rolls, motor stuck, shifts.....heck yeah, Outstanding deal for us, especially tying it into the racing in NJ.

Unpacking the bikes, James noticed several broken spokes on my racebike rear......and I've got a few cracks in that SS exhaust.....it was a good weekend at NJMP.:) .....on the way home I had the truck and trailer tailight's go out, ground and fuse first suspects but haven't looked yet.

Great meeting you and your brother:beer: took us a long time to load, like 3 hr

Back to the OP Chemguy, I wonder what the bike in your original post went for?...if it was running with title, I think the valuation early in this thread to be close.....the deal James and I got was a pretty good one (has title), and if our recent purchase, with work, sold for that, I'd say that was a good buy.

15. CharlieY

16. Norton 357

Im really happy with the bike Coop! It was better in person than the pics.
    I will be starting on it this week with carb cleaning and checking points etc.
    I hope to get it running soon and will eventually get it tagged for the street.
    Luckily I know a guy (CY) who has lots of parts and know how on Honda 350s
    I've already downloaded the service manual just need to print it out.
    Thanks for working with me on the bike ....and putting up with Charlie.

17. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Remember guys, when you get those bikes back in shape, I wanna see some pics:beer:

CharlieY likes this.
  18. Norton 357

Got'er Running Coop.

I replaced most of the ignition parts and swapped carbs with Charlie, and of course the oil change, valves, and cam chain check, but she fired right up

Now I can get serious about getting it on the street with things like tires and chain

I'm enjoying this bike. Thanks Coop!

ChemGuy and CharlieY like this.
  19. CharlieY

Im glad it is working out James, I dont think it could have found a better home than with you sir.

Norton 357 likes this.
  20. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Looking good James:beer: