1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadian Whiskey, eh

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Nov 16, 2022.

1. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I would say that we up here use bourbon to do the same, but with the taxes we pay on alcohol, we'd rather just leave it on the store shelf.:timeforabeer:

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Bongwater is more betterer.

3. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

sure am! new waterford

4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I spent 3 great years there for University - many fond memories of my time in Sydney.

gixer1100 likes this.
  5. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i graduated from UCCB (CBU) as well with my first degree, when were you there? and where are you from that you ended up there? lol

6. younglion

I attended UCCB as well from '93-'95.

I'm originally from the larger island that's east of CB and known for it's friendly people and unique dialect. :)

7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I like Crown but don't drink them all the same. Regular ole crown I like with coke. The one below, I like neat or on the rocks. When I drink mine neat I just drop the whole bottle in the freezer to chill it. Also been on a bourbon kick the last couple of years and really enjoy those too.

Screenshot_20221120_235320_Gallery.jpg

cpettit likes this.
  8. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

you were there when i was, i was there 93-98... so you are a newf! right on man! we likely crossed paths. i ended up down in socal, by way of the south east (hence WERA), yourself?

9. younglion

I took the Hospitality Admin (hotel management) program for 3 years while my then girlfriend/now wife took Business/accounting. We lived in Residence year 1 then shared an apartment with friends in Sydney Pier for the last 2 years there. MANY nights at Cutters and Smooth Hermans... :)

We finished there, moved to the Cayman Islands for 3 years, then back to Canada where we settled in Victoria, BC ever since - one Coast Island to the opposite coast Island.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh my fucking lord this place is hilarious.

gixer1100 likes this.
  11. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

pretty cool! lots of tarabish was played in those days - the university is no where near the same now, and theres never anyone in the cafeteria, and no card playing etc. hermans is long gone too (i ended up barred for life anyway - its kind of a right of passage for guys from my town lol).

younglion likes this.
  12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have expanded my horizons into Canadian whisky and picked up a bottle of Pendelton's. It is very tasty, but I think I prefer it with a sliver of ice rather than neat. However, I am only a little way into the bottle and will have to try it both ways again and again until I reach a final decision.