1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can FTECU licenses be sold and transfered?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by sbk1198, May 1, 2024.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

As the title implies...is it possible to sell FTECU licenses and transfer to someone else? I have a bunch of them that I have no use for anymore but that's a good amount of money to just throw away so I definitely don't want this to go to waste.

2. Mk4Matt

Mk4Matt Well-Known Member

You can but keep in mind that that license is locked to the data cable.

I had to buy my own cable to use a license that was transferred to me.

3. sbk1198

Once a cable is "married" to a license, but you can buy licenses in bulk that are linked to your account, not a cable. That's what I'm inquiring about if they can be transferred to someone else's account.

4. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

The license will always be linked to the email address also. Not sure how you bought in bulk but I bought a R6 that had the FTECU. I got the cable with it, but he had to give me his email and PW so I could get it re-tuned when I built the bike. Then I just changed the PW but had to keep his email for the account login.

5. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

If you email FTECU they can transfer the license to a new email, but the new email still has to be associated with a data cable or whatever hardware you need to buy from them. It doesn’t need to be the same cable. Not sure if all licenses can be transferred.

6. sbk1198

You can buy in bulk from them. They sell them in 10 packs or as a dealer you can buy even more at a time. Figured it out though. They can be transferred via the website from the FTECU account. Just need to enter in the buyer's email that's associated with their FTECU account and hit transfer. It just has to be done one at a time unfortunately.

Anyway....got 62 for sale if anyone's interested. PM for price.