1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C8 Corvette Reveal

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Saw this photo on corvette forum. I’m leaning towards ordering this color and such when my waiting list number comes up.

Attached Files:

Scott S., G 97 and ducnut like this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Back when I had my 97 viper there was a guy in the early 2000's that daily drove his and had 80-90K on it already. Surprisingly very little goes wrong with those old, archic, no ABS, no traction contol, cool looking, crappy interior machines. I only bought gas, oil and had the viper tech adjust the stock suspension toe/caster/camber to specs he liked for the street. Not another penny was ever spent in the 20K miles I drove it. Can't say that on any other sport car I've ever owned....especially not my Krautwagon 930....that bad boy blew up on the drive home.
    That color looks good in that picture. What color is it?

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Ha I saw this exact color on one today. Pics don't do it justice. It looked amazing.

4. StanTheMan

chevy calls it red metallic mist.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. StanTheMan

This was my 2018 C7 Grand Sport. I wish they’d make this Admiral Blue color available again. 2189FD99-618C-4214-A7FE-4C737E076750.jpeg

6. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Those were really well sorted cars

7. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Mine is the same color as StanTheMan's except mine is a coupe and has red interior.

BigBird likes this.
  8. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Boman Forklift and Senna like this.
  9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

G 97 likes this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Wake me up when the Zr1 gets here......not that I could afford it, just wake me up when it gets here.

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Richard had to get special permission from Ferrari to rebuild that thing. It was more than totalled, it is literally rebuilt from nothing, transferred the original VIN. He got hurt pretty bad crashing it at 200 MPH.
    His parents were good friends of my parents. Are, I guess. Both our moms are still alive, but neither dad.
    His dad (also named Richard, went by Dick) made his money by starting a jewelry empire, and had quite the car collection, including a Bond DB5. First Ferrari I ever drove was his dad's 328.
    I don't know this Richard all that well, just very casually. Know his younger sister better.

Anyway, yes the car is a salvage POS that he nearly died driving the way it was meant to be driven, and has seen many miles for a pasta mobile.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That’s going to be badass!!!

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, then that's on the owner for choosing the wrong place to live car. If that's really the issue, there are places where it can be a daily driver. :)

Reliability, as mentioned by @motion , I get.

16. Venom51

I always give the reliability claims on any of the stuff that traditionally doesn't get 15k+ miles a year put on them a bit of skepticism as every thing is pretty reliable for the first 20k miles.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Motion said they fall apart. With no additional information. That's all I was going with. If that's really a Corvette trait, I can see why they wouldn't make a good daily.

18. Venom51

I don't know if anything beyond a C4 could be classified as "falls apart" but then again I have never owned one so....

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The only one I ever drove was a C4, maybe 25 years ago. That was a massive disappointment (I'm not even talking about performance).

20. Venom51

Having driven one myself I can understand that.