1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building a shower for your trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by tophyr, May 16, 2016.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Extra large bottle of cologne.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I have to admit, one of my very favorite of life's little pleasures is taking a cool shower in the outdoor shower stall at Hallett after riding all day in the heat.

backbone, Rising and Joe Lopez like this.
  4. Being able to take a cool shower really helps (in the southeast). I always take one in the morning and again at the end of the day, but sometimes I will take a quick one during the lunch break if I have time.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It is strangely liberating the feeling of taking an outdoor shower isn't it. Back in the day when me and friends used to get a rental house every summer at the Jersey shore and everyone was trying to figure out who would shower with the inside bathroom I always jumped at the opportunity to use the outdoor shower.

.....course there's always that one dickhead in the house who'd fill up a pail with freezing cold water and come outside and dump it through the opening in the top.

6. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Main thing I see is 220gal of H2O ain't light. 8+lbs per gallon. Plus the room it takes up. For the price, buy a 50gal drum and just use that for water in the bed of your truck.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why not rig up one of those water tank systems dirt bike guys use to spray off their bikes after races? Let the sun heat it up, and hose yourself off while wearing a pair of swim trunks.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Or like the thing that Richard Hamster used in the Burma Special of Top Gear......just gotta make sure your buddies don't get up there and piss in the container like Jeremy and James did whilst you're out on track or something.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was just thinking that they don't know where Tophyr races :D

tophyr likes this.
  10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Only out here does someone voluntarily get sprayed with a hose during a rainstorm

[​IMG]

DucatiBomber likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Trying to warm up and dry off compared to the track? :D

tophyr likes this.
  12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

What tracks other than Putnam do you really need a shower at? I wouldn't want the mess let alone anyone else's Bathwater running throu my pit...

13. Joe Lopez

Joe Lopez Well-Known Member

Ahhh yes.
    I definitely jumped in on the outdoor shower this past Friday night. But, Saturday night was definitely out of the question.
    Shrinkage would have been a complement that night.

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Can't camp at Putnam anyway.

15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Oh I know... I just hate the 10 hour smelly drive home on Sundays...

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

That's our club president with the hose, and the novice with #734.

Tophyr, why don't you just stand outside at the races, you live and race in the PNW.

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

If only that water were warm.
    It's track conduit running the water. Exposed galvanized steel = ambient temp H2O = fsckking cold.

18. Not unless he plans on filling it with salt water from the Gulf of Mexico. :D

19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

??? On an average , fresh water weights 8.34 VS. 8.55 for Salt water .

20. Yeah that is right, we were discussing the weight of gasoline on another forum and I had that in my head.