Bedliner thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, May 6, 2024.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Correct. It went from a business partnership with favorable dealership fees (commission) to outright extortion (royalties). Unfortunately, the greedy investment firm, and its president, are too arrogant to realize, without dealers, there’s no company. Horrible situation for franchisees who’ve invested their entire lives. The good thing is nearly all the franchisees have dropped Line-X and filed a class-action lawsuit, which has resulted in Line-X losing nearly all its revenue, after the investment firm paid ~$1B for the Line-X company. That should serve as a lesson to the new investment firm and president. The franchisees sent out a warning, but, the greedy and arrogant decided to fu<k around and find out.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've also never seen a spray liner on the side of the highway after it flew out the back of someone's truck.

YamahaRick likes this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

well because a spray in liner is like emotional damage...you either have have to scrape it off or carry it around for the life of the vehicle...lol.
    Like the dimwits that sprayed bed liner OVER my painted bed rails and tape a crooked line down the fender. Not only was the job "free" but cost them $850 extra with an estimate from a body shop to undo their ignorance. Then Dodge ended up buying that heap back

4. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

The Weather tech mat looks interesting

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bed mats are nice, on top of the spray in lining...

I had one in the dodge due to people kneeling in there to load and unload race stuff, no need for a mat for anything else.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh yeah, the answer to the original question is always spray in, never ever ever drop in.

Steeltoe and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Why would you need both?

8. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Oh come on, you need both to keep the pies from sliding around. Please try to keep up.

Steeltoe, Once a Wanker.. and motion like this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I priced a set of floor mats for a GMC Sierra, I just couldn't pay close to $300 for floor mats:(

ducnut likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did you not read my post? The bed mat is softer to kneel on.

Once a Wanker.. and ducnut like this.
  11. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

My knees love my BedRug!

ducnut likes this.
  12. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Spray in, then put the drop in on top of it, then put a bedrug over the drop in. Ultimate protection. :D

sharkattack and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  13. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Three bagger?

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Those knees getting a workout huh?

15. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I have(prepped myself, blown off myself, tack ragged myself, sprayed myself) u pol raptor.. i wish i added a sand/grain component?... its hard like u say but damn its slick. also stinks like a mo-fo(application)... even with a new respirator shoved into my clean shaven face.

16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I did the drop in Bed liner with a Tonneau Cover to prevent rust… I needed it all to slide for stand up Jetski’s in and out at the boat ramps..

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

There's an anti slip product called Sharksgrip that works well at providing traction.

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yeah...thats part of the problem when its that hard (thats what she said). The issue with aggressive grit like sand, quartz, etc is its murder on your hands, knees etc when you have to touch it. and it also isnt fun to wipe up spills on.
    The sharkgrip is less aggressive but also not as grippy....especially when wet. You can use a bed rug or something like that for some grip or if its bad enough get a clear top coat and apply it with some grit in it to improve slip resistance. Also for strategic slip resistance, get some skateboard deck grip or similar and put down patches so you can climb in and out without fear of slipping.

19. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Any rec’s on atl shops? My truck is due for a spray in

20. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

As mentioned before, stay away from a drop-in liner. As otherwise, you will need to permanently have one. Water and grit will get underneath them, and turn into a polishing compound that grinds away the paint and galvanizing, leading to a rusted out bed. The water gets trapped underneath, and doesn't evaporate. So a few years down the road your bed is a rusted up piece of shit.