1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber this weekend (March 19-20)

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by r1butler, Mar 13, 2005.

1. r1butler

r1butler Member

I am heading to Barber this weekend for some track time with STT and was wondering if anyone from these parts will be there. If so, please look me up. I'll be on a blue R1 (see below pic), hopefully pitted next to the fence in a 10x20 white canopy. Hope to see you there.

Attached Files:

2. GCBusa

GCBusa Well-Known Member

Pete, I'll be there on Saturday. Blue/Silver R6.

3. r1butler

r1butler Member

Gill,

I'll look for you on Saturday. See you there!

4. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

Pete,
    I'll be there Saturday making sure that Gill can't lie later about his lap times.:D

I won't be riding cause I'm saving up for some of that fancy suspension stuff.

Have you been to Barber before? Man it is something else.

5. r1butler

r1butler Member

It is pretty awesome. I've done CCS/FUSA there the last 2 years and have done 4 other trackday weekends. While it is 4 hours away it is the closest track to me so I call it my "home" track.

Looking forward to meeting you both.

6. MikeB-R1

MikeB-R1 Well-Known Member

Pete, I'll be there! The weather should be great. Save a spot for me.

Jim, the picture Pete posted is from Barber. I think he's coming down the hill into that sharp left hander (can't remember the number). Hope to see you there!

7. r1butler

r1butler Member

Looking forward to seeing you there, Mike. You're right about the pic. It's turn 5. Here's another when it's a little more crowded!

8. Jim McDowell

MikeB,
    What will you be riding? We'll look you up.

9. r1butler

r1butler Member

Looking forward to seeing you there, Mike. You're right about the pic. It's turn 5. Here's another when it's a little more crowded!

Attached Files:

10. GCBusa

GCBusa Well-Known Member

Bastard!:p

11. Jim McDowell

And I can eat more wings than you can!:Poke:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So, um, where's the race report?

13. MikeB-R1

Pete,

It looks like a typical afternoon, hanging (off) with some friends!

Jim, I have a red R1. I'll be pitting with Pete. Stop by and say hello!

Attached Files:

14. r1butler

r1butler Member

Mike,

Bike looks great! Can't wait to see it this weekend.

15. rabidsquirrel

rabidsquirrel Well-Known Member

Hey Butler,

You gonna do any races this year? If so, which ones?

I'm trying to get the R1 put together in time for Jennings, but it don't look like it's going to happen...

:beer:

16. r1butler

r1butler Member

I'm definitely planning to do the Barber CCS/FUSA round. Possibly the WERA event at Barber, too. I am hoping to join a few other guys from P'cola to help them out with their WERA endurance effort at Barber, Road Atlanta, and Tally, also. Now, all I have to do is get a kitchen pass!

17. Reckless_Kelly

Reckless_Kelly Well-Known Member

Hey Butler, you ok after that fall, you looked pretty shook up out there. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of it, I was standing on the outside of the turn and by the time I heard it everything had stopped moving. Good luck with your racing this year.

18. r1butler

r1butler Member

Thanks! So far, only the broken wrist is slowing me down. As far as the racing this year, my racing license has been temporarily (perhaps permanently) suspended by the home team. I'll see what happens when everything is healed and the bike is back together.

19. Reckless_Kelly

Reckless_Kelly Well-Known Member

I was in the infield at turn 5 when it happened and they parked the bike right next to where we were (the photographers, that's us), I noticed that the swingarm took some serious abuse for what seemed like a, relatively, non-violent lowside. I don't usually give out freebies, but here's a before and after.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you get better soon.

20. MikeB-R1

Pete was ... ummm ... resting. We have to keep reminding him to use the stand when he parks the bike. :rolleyes: