1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Windshield Replacement Resource Needed (ATL area)

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Sep 29, 2021.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

My 2012 Camry XLE needs a replacement windshield. No full coverage, so cost is totally out of pocket.

Any suggestions on where to get this done?

Any idea on the cost? I know an OEM replacement would be very pricey, so that is out of the question for this near ten year old vehicle with 190K miles.

Suggestions welcome. TIA.

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

3. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

Safelite is hard to beat

cortezmachine and BigBird like this.
  4. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Safelite is good. Windshield on one truck, side window on other truck.
    WMMV: mine were insurance claims.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Had Safelite do my Tahoe, funniest part was Clyde Dixon showing up in the driveway to do it :crackup:

418 and DaveB like this.
  6. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

I know you said no full coverage which some people consider collision coverage, do you have comprehensive as glass breakage falls under that coverage category. You may not but just wanted to ask in case it saved you a few dollars, I know a bunch of people who carry the liability/comprehensive without collision.

YamahaRick likes this.
  7. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Safelite is too $$$. If you were local to me, I’d put you in touch with the guy I use. Recently did my Son’s 2017 Mustang windshield for 195. Came to me and did it in my shop.

YamahaRick likes this.
  8. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

I had Advance Auto Glass replace a windshield for me and was happy with the price and service. It was a 20 yr old car and he came to my office in Atl and did the work, $240.

cortezmachine and YamahaRick like this.
  9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Lawrenceville?

10. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

Yes, I think that was where the office is

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Usually the pick a part yards have a glass guy on site. If you’re looking for rock bottom pricing that’s usually the best bet. They’ll also have access to aftermarket glass. if your vehicle has sensors on the window be prepared to pay a pretty penny

12. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Ha! I instantly thought of Clyde when I opened this thread.

Safelite also did my Tahoe's windshield. They came to my place of employment and did it for $235. I can see my Tahoe from my desk, so basically, I was kinda getting paid to watch a dude replace my windshield.

13. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Safelite would be just under $300 installed for a camry. You can do quotes from their website.