1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

armoured car heist in LA

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Jul 23, 2022.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

2. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

A big rig Brinks truck carrying over $100 million in gem show cargo with only two guys in the cab as guards......taking a break at a truck stop at 2 AM......and both of them leave the truck unsupervised......

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. Nothing suspicious there, move along.....move along.

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

We'll know who was involved when the bodies start showing up.

If no bodies appear it was the Russians.

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Hard to believe the same person/people who would have the intelligence/aptitude/whatever to plan this would think "oh right, we'll just bribe the guards and have them pretend to randomly be giving each other reacharounds" and that the guards wouldn't eventually crack and rat them all out.

I'll play contrarian and say the guards aren't in on it.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Do they let the guards know what they are hauling?
    10 mill in gold would take a long time to liquidate and would be roughly 14 bars worth at current market. Perhaps jewish lightning? :)

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ballz!

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

thats because it came from guards who’ve been on that route but weren’t working it that day. I’m sure they’ll turn up dead.

8. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Who said it was the guards, could be plenty of people that know about the movements of said trucks.

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

The guards gave the inside info

anyone higher and it could be traced depending on the intelligence needed to pull it off. it’s always a possibility, but being slowly gathered by guards over time could be covered up by the perpetrators fairly easily with a gun and a shovel, or a hooker and a syringe. Management types would think too highly of their position in the scheme and become a liability. You’d have to take out your source in management right away which would put a bigger lens on you. With lower level employees there’s a bigger pool of possible suspects who were in on it. By process of elimination alone that gives you a decent buffer to get your affairs in order. Just thinking as a former criminal.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

11. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Thirty years experience?

R1M370 and pickled egg like this.
  12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

:crackup:

Generational experience. My step dad was a gang member and ran a very successful pcp manufacturing and distributing business in LA back in the late 70’s early 80’s. I remember helping him build secret compartments in bike frames for the hells angels and in trucks for the Mexican mafia as a child. Had no clue what I was really doing. Feds always watching us… etc. eventually I caught on, then went into business for myself right after graduating high school. He became a straight shooter sometime before my teens though. Still a drug addict but not a criminal. I think he saw where I was going and wanted to set a better example. Didn’t take very well until recently.

my biological father was on seal team 3.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    G 97 and Past Glory like this.
  13. gixxerboy55

Nice write up, but most criminals are not that smart.blue collar or white, there on drugs gambling ect.

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Most criminals aren’t successfully knocking off high value armored car shipments.

15. gixxerboy55

Either way it's some kinda inside.

16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I just watched this movie last night. Had Jason Statham and Clint Eastwood’s kid in it. Two thumbs up

cortezmachine likes this.
  17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If it was that simple they would already be caught it happened a while ago

18. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

You have one helluva life story so far. I've always admired your willingness to own it without hesitation or fear of how anyone would respond to it.

Gino230, BigBird, Blammo and 3 others like this.
  19. gixxerboy55

The way they got past the lock,and removed the stuff in a short amount of time, probably a former employee.

20. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

LAPD has released some possible suspect photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Senna likes this.