1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

April 21st Motorcycle Xcitement with Roger Lyle

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by 42K8, Apr 3, 2009.

1. k6sinfiddy

k6sinfiddy Well-Known Member

Yo man, dont let ppl`s opinions turn you off from trying a new org. I say just give them a try and then evaluate them for yourself! Either way you`ll have more fun than going to work that day :up:.
    My only concern is the new rules for racer group now w/ R.Lyle. With every other org i run in the advance/racer group and never had any rules for passing b/c mainly those are elite groups. These ppl know what the hell they are doing out there. Whether its inside or outside passing, defense or offense on the track. We use this time for practice... trial and error on different lines while at speed, testing and tuning but not all out race. Which is what they are misunderstanding IMO b/c they figure they are out there to win a trackday or some nonsense. So they tell me they are looking at it in a safety measure on the track. If that were the case why is it that Nesba and TPM to name a few dont have these problems with there Adv riders w/o rules? And yet have very few crashes...but like i stated above but what do i know though?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  2. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I absolutely should do a RL day and make up my own mind, but like everyone else here, days off from work are preciously rare, I don't want to waste one with a unsatisfactory trackday experience.

Having said that, I think I'll give RL a shot, maybe the 21 May event. I really want to able to support RL because he is local, and by all accounts a great guy.

Hope to see some of you there.

Kevin

3. bobbyk

bobbyk Well-Known Member

hey kevin - the event is on may 20th :up:. what bike and what number will you be? i won't be there that day, but i'll see if somebody can look out for you. hopefully i'll see you on june 4th. and yeah, roger's an ok guy ;).

4. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Thanks Bobby.

FZR400, blue, novice #828.

If it goes well on the 20th I'll do the 4th as well. I like that it directly precedes the Wera weekend, good chance to get some nice tracktime and not go into the races rusty.

Hopefully I'll see you guys on the track.

Kevin

5. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

Yep you nailed it. I definitely think you described what I was trying to say perfectly. [​IMG]
    Someone else who works with Roger chiming in. :clap:

6. redneckrider

redneckrider Well-Known Member

Well I havent done a Lyle day this year, and after last years experience I dont think I will do one. I have to agree with Drew on this one. The way it sounds, it doesnt seem like they really changed the way it is run very much. I am not bashing RL at all, because he is just trying to give people some track time, and I applaud him for that, but it really needs to tighten up. Why not have someone checking stickers BEFORE you grid up, like they do at TPM? That way, any riders from other groups could immediately be kicked back. Riders from the racer and from Intermediate groups riding in Advanced really clogs up the system. All I know is that the day I did last year was bright and sunny all day, yet we still only got 4 sessions in. This, IMO, is entirely unnacceptable when they are 15min sessions. The way it sounds, less sessions than that were had during this past day. Why would i spend the money to do 4 sessions when i can spend the same amount and do 7 or 8 20min sessions?

I cant really comment on guys running way off pace, because I only run 22-23's there, but there were some guys who were significantly slower. They dont really bother me as long as they are holding their lines.

Again, I am not bashing RL. Just giving my opinion on what needs to be done to make it a better day for everyone.