Anyone Near Charlotte / Kings Mtn

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Feb 25, 2024.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

that can pick up something I would like to buy off of facetubes and store it for a month or two? Its not illegal or perishable and isnt too big. It all should fit into a Camry trunk but there is some hydraulic fluid involved.

I would expect to be by to collect it, or find someone to pack mule it for me, between id march and the end of April.

Usual compensation of gas money, butterfingers and beer would be offered.

Thanks,

2. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I'm less than 30 minutes away. I go through Kings Mountain to get to my wife's favorite BBQ joint as needed. Gary Elkins (Shenanigans) is close, too but he's a weirdo.

Phl218, Shenanigans and dtalbott like this.
  3. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Plus, I'm going to see a friend of mine next month at Roebling who lives Clarkston, MI.

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

OH snap.

Let me see if its still available then.

Thanks,

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I'm 10 mins from KM. let me know

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking Spit on that thing

Glomming onto this thread.

Not getting out over my skis, but seems like all signs are pointing to me getting a job offer which would necessitate a relocation to the Charlotte area (TBD if I'll accept, but want to do my proper research).

What's the good, bad, and ugly of access to full road courses, offroad riding (not MX, trails), and kart track minimoto fuckery?

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Kart track an hour south of Charlotte once a month at Carolina Motorsports Park
    Lots of tracks within 6 hours
    Prices are high on houses though

8. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Charlotte is growing super fast and Mecklenburg county is not keeping up. Fort Mill and Rock Hill are 10 and 15 minutes south with better value as far as property. CMP is 45 minutes away. I don't keep up with off road but there's tons of dirt bikes around. Less than 4 hours to Roebling or Road Atlanta. Best of all, just a little over an hour from Pelion, action capital of the South.

ToofPic and Shenanigans like this.
  9. SuddenBraking

Yeah, in looking at houses within my price range it's either live in Charlotte and be able to reach out and touch your neighbor's house or go a little south and get more space, more garages, etc.

I currently live in the suburbs of Philadelphia and have no desire to live within the city limits to be able to walk to restaurants, bars, etc. - I've got three daughters and am past that part of my life.

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

A lot of people commute from SC areas mentioned above to Charlotte. I avoid Charlotte as much as I can except going to Team Charlotte Motorsports and Tee's Euro Cycles

ToofPic likes this.
  11. SuddenBraking

It'd be 2 or 3 days in Charlotte with the rest working from home, so I'm totally fine having a bit of a longer commute.

Shenanigans likes this.
  12. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Its not a bad drive,if you hit it before the morning rush.Charlotte was part of my route every Monday starting from Gwinnett Ga.30 mins can make a big difference between moving,or parked forever.
    I don't live in the area like Gary,or Kevin,but my time in Charlotte has been scary/sketchy in the past.I've spent weeks up there in orientations,and lots of shootings,drug dealers,and even saw a few bodies in a parking lot that was taped off after a shooting.
    Wouldn't be my first choice,but you are from Philly :Poke:
    I would do the commute

13. noles19

Where the hell were you hanging out?

14. noles19

Don't listen to the old geezers Charlotte is fine, it's actually nice except traffic.

Mot Okstef and Phl218 like this.
  15. ToofPic

2 Different times at a hotel for Schneider National.Across the street from a cookout restaurant was the shooting
    dead bodies,closed restaurant.I remember because I wanted the bannana milkshake,and we didn't have cookouts in Ga. then
    The hotel was swamped with drug dealers.I was on the elevator numerous times with them,as they were coming and going pretty regularly.
    Freedom drive? The hotel shuttled us every morning to Schneider facility.
    I also went to a soul food restaurant with a fellow Schneider driver,and they did not like my crackuh azz being in that restaurant.. I thought it
    was funny,but my friend did not! He was from NY,and me from Ga.He just thought it was ok,and I was the only one with a car.
    Ya'll do have a nice Dave and Busters :D

16. ToofPic

:crackup: But Geezers??:crackup:

17. noles19

Well yeah freedom drive at night can be sketchy but every city has that

ToofPic likes this.
  18. noles19

I stand by my statement :crackup:

ToofPic likes this.
  19. ToofPic

I would say the same about Nashville as well! People still go/move there.Its just my take,on my experiences.Nashville also has regular shooting,swat teams with standoffs on the regular.Atlanta,Techwood drive,even the local news will tell you alot about a city.

Geezer out!! :cool:

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

ToofPic likes this.