1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone doing the youtube channel thing?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 1, 2023.

1. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Whats the youtube channel called? the one with the drone footage of landslide... or this one..

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

:stupid:

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

https://www.youtube.com/@beartoothslingshotrentals2575

I shot the videos just as a community thing. I didn't want to get anything out of it. The vids ended up playing millions of times on pretty much every news outlet in the country.

4. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

subscribed... let us know if you swich channel names for the new stuff.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

BigBird and pfhenry like this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Call your channel Motion Sickness.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dude, that is pretty good!.... if I can pull off a good sick character, that is something to consider. I doubt I can do it tho.... I'm very conservative and reserved. As it is, I'm going to really need to get out of my normal character to pull off any videos the way I would like.

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You mean a character like a logo?

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Do it!

10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I tell ya....this shit is frustrating.

My 8 year old wants to create her on YouTune channel showing game play from her Nintendo Switch. I have been trying for days to get this shit hooked up and different apps and shit installed on my iMac to make this all work. All I got working was the video part using QuickTime....but can't get the audio portion situated. Yesssh, I fill like a freaking idiot.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Ya man video editing is not for the casual user. Can you edit on an iPhone? Lots of great apps.. Premier Rush, Splice, GoPro Quik

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I guess a rather important prerequisite would be not to mind the sound of your own voice.

Editing my videos would be a nightmare.... :D

BigBird likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

My brother who is a sound engineer, said there are services that will edit your video for you, Package it and send it back.
    They can also take a chunk of footage, break it up into clips for like say TikTok, instagram, etc and then you spread out each clip and when it's released to get more views. He said one person took a bunch of footage for like a week, but is now home for the next 4 months and releases a clip a week or something like that.

So there's an option also.

14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Step away for one week, and look what I miss! Thanks, Yzass!

15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that doesn't explain it all. I posted a 30 sec vid of me burning my Christmas tree and that only got like 50 views. Not that I care, I'm just a casual insta user.

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

30 seconds is too long currently they are pushing 6 second videos

17. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Dude, I'm 53, and have never been close to getting married.....a few 8-10 yr failed relationships though. Do i wanna grow old and die alone, not really.....I still have some time to sort that all out, I think.

I know my life would be a helluvalot easier with a 2nd income though. I'm stuck driving a 21 yr old truck and 17 yr old honda beater for work. o_O

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think you still have time. Probably a bit late for kids, but you could make a big difference in someone's life who has kids.

I've never had the benefit of a wife that made any money, so I think its not that big of a deal. At 53, you're probably close to figuring out that money is not what it was hyped up to be.

And old trucks rule! My dd truck is 18 years old. I bought a new F150 a few years ago and got rid of it after a year. Nothing to be ashamed of!

The growing old alone part: If you plan on making it to 90, holed up in your house watching TV, then yeah, its probably gonna suck. I have a different plan for growing old alone that I think I'm on board with, if it happens.

gapman789 likes this.
  19. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Avermedia Live Gamer Mini capture card and OBS to record.

This capture card requires no software on Mac. The Mac will just think it’s a webcam. It’s ~$100.

OBS is free and will record or stream a large number of inputs - video, audio, graphics, etc. Config is easy enough, especially with tons of YT vids for help. Record to mkv files, not mp4.

20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Right on. I've a 26 yr old daughter that's doing great in Wilmington, NC...I'm in Cincy. I see her often. Going back down in 3 wks.

I did raise my last long term gf's son from 7 yrs old to 20, he's 21 now and moved out a year ago.....His dad died literally just weeks after i met his mom. When me and his mom broke up in 2016, he stayed with me while she moved in with her lesbian gf.

So yea, I've lotsa work, decent money, lotsa bikes, an RV, a SxS and friends to occupy what time I have to play.