1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone doing the youtube channel thing?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 1, 2023.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Sometimes the truth hurts, mother trucker.

He is seeking a solution to a challenge that cannot be accomplished in the manner he seeks. Trust me, it's why I never married, nor will I in the future. I found happiness in many other ways. I strongly suggest he considers doing the same. Or like you said, go the Only Fans route. Though that might bring him undesired attention.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

That’s just flat out mean spirited. Nevermind ignorant, you never having been married.

Jesus Christ.

I upvote the quick videos @motion. You seem like an interesting guy with a unique perspective and go to many off the run places…

Call it motion in motion. There, you’re on your way! :cool:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
  3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I didn't go to Sanford & Son Stanford U, nor follow their guidelines. Sorry!

I think Toe is the guy for touchy feely positive re-enforcement right now.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Not sure why you're twisting a post about making youtube travel vids into why I'm single and what my future prospects are. I have no problem getting all the ladies I need. My problem is what to do with them once I have them. I'll sort that out some day, but I'm not ready yet. I still have a lot of gas left in the tank and I fully understand why I will probably burn thru it alone. Its my cross to bear and I am OK with that.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I like it, but I am irreverent AF so I'm thinking of branding the channel as "American Idiot Abroad". This gives me some good leeway to act like a complete idiot, which does appeal to me :)

Boman Forklift and Yzasserina like this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I follow quite a few farmers channels and the ones that have hit it big with alot of subscribers get alot of free shit sent to them to try out / promote by various company's . Lots of flashlights and tools, even demo hours on tractors etc. I know the editing takes alot of time, many of their wives do it.

I run AdBlock and don't see any ads on Utube so nobody's making anything from me anyway. Unless viewing the video with the ads blocked still counts in the numbers and they still pay, don't know how that works.

motion likes this.
  7. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I know 3 people who have gone the youtube route. The first 2 do travel videos all over the country out of there little sprinter van rv setups, neither have worked in probably 8 years. One is married and they really enjoy the traveling and making content together. The 2nd has a fiance who will fly to certain places to meet him and go for a few days and then travel back to PA where they have a house. Neither are super rich but they have no one to answer to and seem super happy making money traveling all over the world.
    The 3rd actually worked at a place that prints the fabrics I use for my bicycle bags. Him and his girlfriend sold their house, and are converting an old ambulance into an RV and are recording the whole process. It's way more then I expected but it's cool to watch all the snafus they have encountered doing it.
    I say go for it, if you're already traveling what's throwing a gopro or 3 on record. If anything you'll learn a new skill editing videos that you can offer people who you take out on Moto rides.

motion likes this.
  8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Eva zu beck has a solo travel channel. She travels in a bad ass defender 110. Her regular content is boring but the defender is set up stuff is cool.

all that to say it can be done and give it a shot. If it’s too much or not doing it for you .. try something else!

motion likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I hear all the popular vids need to have you whoolieing through heavy traffic. Get on that!

motion and YamahaRick like this.
  10. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

One extra advantage I have noticed with a video camera at events, especially at races, is that somehow you become an instant celebrity and are given access and conversation that you would otherwise not have. Somehow this seems more true in UK/Europe than US.

motion likes this.
  11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

There is something up with Instagram and videos. I post pics occasionally, 90% bike stuff. Once I posted a 10 sec walk around video of the FZ at Barber and for some reason it got like 360 views compared to the usual 50-100 views for a photo. I think they are promoting videos and pushing them to the masses. Anytime I post a little video like that now it gets 3x the views.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Make the damn videos. I'll watch. Don't acknowledge cunts.

motion, tony 340, 418 and 3 others like this.
  13. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Instagram is actively trying to compete with SnapChat, so they are emphasizing videocontent way harder now.

stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Gino u are posting bikini pics of yourself on insta and getting views? Thats surprising to say the least. Not something Id brag about on the beeb but you do you!

Gino230 likes this.
  15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct the giant popularity of tictoc has made them change the algorithm of Instagram to push videos and reels. And even more specific 1-6 second reels right now
    Photographers have had to start posting videos of still pictures to have them get any attention.

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Perk! Totally kidding, but Gino is a handsome guy. :)

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

This all sounds like you need to make a video series of you and me running a season on Ninja 400’s. It will give you purpose and it will be documented when I kick your ass.:D Which will be embarrassing for you since I haven’t been on the big track since 92.

motion, KneeDragger_c69 and TurboBlew like this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Then no post here would ever get a reply…

19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

1 minute of video = 1 hour at a computer editing at a professional skill level. You probably already know that though. Throw up some dumb or crash vids on Tik Tock and see how that goes.

Throw some samples up here.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

FTFY