1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Oops. Where I wrote 216570 replace it with 226570. I keep forgetting they updated it again last year. Still 42mm but the new movement has the new rolex something something escapement so its power reserve is ~70 hrs...and some refinements to the case and lugs.

2. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

We had a real good year in 2022, years ago I said I would buy a Rolex if we ever met those levels.
    Don't really like any of them and the prices are pretty steep.

Bought a Moonwatch instead with the fabric band (bracelet is too flashy)

It's a nice upgrade from my Garmin Fenix

Attached Files:

Spooner, wera313, worthless and 6 others like this.
  3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Awesome! I'm considering ordering that strap/deployant to swap out the bracelet on my moonwatch for a little change of pace......

4. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I almost bought the saphire one with the bracelet and then I would need the other band as I would rarely wear the braclet and the price started creeping up. I paid list price at the boutique in Scottsdale

5. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

My lovely wife got me a Seiko SARX033!

Attached Files:

trussdude, worthless, ts199 and 4 others like this.
  6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

A little thank you gift for my business partner. I got him a Khaki a while ago but he’s earned an upgrade.

Attached Files:

Jedb, trussdude, worthless and 6 others like this.
  7. ChemGuy

Nice. A keeper.

The watch and the wife.

worthless and vfrket like this.
  8. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Looking at straps, other than Teddy B, where do you shop for straps?

Because of the blue hands I think I want a navy NATO (maybe black). In terms of leather - maybe black or a rich brown.

9. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

For leather I've actually bought a few off Etsy that were great quality. Nato's I have a million of and there isn't a massive difference in quality of them. Part of the fun of watches for me is swapping around straps and it helps keep the new watch bug at bay haha! The only one I never change is my Tudor GMT-I keep it on steel.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I get my straps from panatime.com - they seem to have anything and everything you could ever want and its all great quality.

Yzasserina likes this.
  11. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

My in-laws got me a Seiko 5 GMT and I didn’t think I was an Orange watch guy but after I changed out the bracelet for a black strap, I love it.

Attached Files:

12. ChemGuy

Thats snazzy. :beer:

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My IWC Porsche is a complete write off. :crackup:

shipping back ups ground costs more than it’s worth. I told them to toss it in a padded envelope and send it back snail mail.

still, I’m into it less than I can sell the case, box and bracelet for.

14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

What happened to it?

15. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

Looks great! Had my fingers crossed for the 003 GMT for the holiday, but it didn't show. I'm planning to gift that to myself in a couple of weeks. How do you like yours so far? How's the bezel rotation feel? Keeping good time?

I've gone back and forth on the orange vs. blue. I think over time, the orange will prove to be the cult favorite/the one these will be remembered for.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It’s a yard sale special. Original owner must have worn it damn near everyday and doing everything and anything.
    It called to me for the price, has a box and I’ll do something with it down the road. Maybe. Lol

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

which one is it? the ugly one or the quirky one?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yes. :D
    The ugly, thin, quartz one. Gray (might have been silver at one time) case.
    Perfect for a early 90s car salesman or a golf pro working at the pro shop back in the 90s.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

well, at least it's a piece of IWC history which probably saved IWC's ass back then.

20. ChemGuy

Quartz. Pffttt...

[​IMG]