1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Hey @Jedb did you see the "Resist" Pogue and the bellmatic on that one website that sells things....

Better get your CC warmed up....:Poke:

3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Already have the Pogue and I'm staying away from Bellmatics.
    They are cool, but I'm trying to focus.

Those fsckers lost my bullhead in shipping... They refunded my $$ but . .

4. ChemGuy

Damn. That. Effing. Sucks. that was a nice looking Bullhead.

I know you have the Pogue...but do you have all 6, or is it nine versions....colors and proof, resist, blank???? Vintage Seiko's are like fries....or lines of blow, always room for 1 more....

5. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Those Timex’s are cheap enough, I’d probably just buy both. It’s very hard to buy aftermarket hands that fit unless it’s an established mod model (007 for example). I’ve even had trouble with those. Also, with two watches you can swap the hands both directions and at least you have an extra usable watch.

6. ton

ton Arf!

it warms my heart that someone else is abusing him

Jedb likes this.
  7. Jedb

I have three.
    Blank Yellow / Pepsi (Pogue)
    Blank Blue / Pepsi
    Resist / Pepsi

I believe I'm missing a Coke bezel with black dial.
    Not sure if they come with Resist or not

ChemGuy likes this.
  8. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

What are the tradeoffs of going AD vs Jomashop(or similar) for an Omega? It appears Jomashop is about 20% cheaper. Do Omega ADs sell under retail?

9. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I'd buy from Joma. The only real advantage I see to AD is forming a relationship that might let you get pieces that are not commonly available. Some people might say warranty, but I think they will still honor the warranty. Even if they didn't, what are the odds of needing warranty service on an Omega? I tried to negotiate with the Omega factory store in NYC and all they would do is throw in some extras (strap and fancy case).

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Always had great service from Jomashop, they are very trustable.

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

If it's good enough for the richest man in the world, it's good enough for me.....

[​IMG]

12. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

When I got my Speedmaster last year the AD pretty much matched what what Jomashop was running them for. Got it within 24 hours of purchase with full warranty papers. Easiest transaction I've ever had, to be honest.

Unless it's a rare Omega, getting under retail is not particularly hard like it is for Rolex.

If you want my contacts send me a PM.

13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

14. ChemGuy

Finally broke down and bought 'another' Seiko.....Hi my Names Dan and I have a problem.

Seiko Recraft Solar Chrono on sale for $210 delivered.

[​IMG]

Jedb, cha0s#242 and Montoya like this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Looked at a Comex today and they were asking almost $90K and a no date was almost $12K! Holy shit, I wish I had kept some of the shit I was flipping years ago.

Shit, with these prices Anyone want to buy a Z serial number metal bezel sub?

16. Jedb

COMEX for $90K? JFC that's out of this world.
    $350.00 I'm in for your stainless one!!

And your old watch is in San Diego through Sunday.

Separately, I'll be helping someone liquidate their father's collection. ~75 watches in total, with the majority being the larger (46+) Invicta, Android, SwissLegend watches. There are a few smaller ones as well (40,42). Sadly he had about 225 all bought from Home Shopping Network or Invicta Watch channel.
    More soon, but I'll post a link to the spreadsheet here prior to going to ebay.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm going full 'tarded if I sell. Trade and cash. You know what I say when I say box and papers included. :crackup:

18. Jedb

You are more than 100% honest when it comes to representing the watch.
    You undersold the Panerai and Over-delivered with all boxes, original receipt, extra straps and changing tool.
    And super fast shipping on top of it. You're in danger of becoming a good guy, Dave . . :)

So... how about $350 and an Invicta to trade for the Rolly... :D

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Jeb, you were great to deal with. A dude whose word and a verbal hand shake means a deal is a deal and things will be right. :up:

I'm thinking a trade for an IWC pilot Chrono (black face) or a Explorer II (or maybe ever the right air king or even an IWC pilot Mark) and a bunch of cash.

I don't know, thinking I want a change. :)

20. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Dave, just buy my IWC Petit Prince already and live happily ever after… :D