1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ton

ton Arf!

Same. I prefer the aesthetics of the Breitling, as you know. But from a resale value perspective, the Tudor wins. (And the Tag is last, regardless of “rarity” or limited addition)

That said, Breitling holds value pretty well and that’s what I’d buy...

this is splitting hairs, but I’d guess the Pelagos won’t fair as well as the Black Bay models from a resale perspective either, and the latter is a really good deal right now on the used market IMHO.

Jedb likes this.
  2. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Blue dial Pelagos is where I'd go. I've never been a fan of the modern Breitling- their vintage stuff is pretty sweet.

That being said get the one that makes your heart race a bit. Don't try to justify it or have us nimrods validate your choice

Jedb and SteveThompson like this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Its your money and you can spend it on whatever you want but.....

$4k for a Tag...oh hell knaawwww.

Tudor Black Bay GMT
    Tudor Pelagos
    Seamaster

or any number of other watches for the same or less money.

4. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Also if you really want to get a bit weird you can get the left hand crown version.. pretty slim odds you'll find yourself in a room with another one.

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

For me, if I had to pick a modern Tudor, it would be the GMT. Again, for me, GMT > Pelagos.
    I know you would pick a vintage Breitling Top Time (2 register)

6. Jedb

Also @ton Got the first of two. Now I just need the Blue one.
    Slowly the collection is becoming complete.

3881980121641elns.jpeg

7. ChemGuy

Is that the goodwill Bullhead that recently ended???

Nice.

8. Jedb

Yes, it is. I really need to stay off that damn site. Add another $300 (maybe less) for service, new crystal once I send it to my service guy. I"m going to be a heathen and have him put a sapphire crystal on it, instead of a replacement plastic/hesalite one. I'd rather have it usable instead of being worried about scratching the new one.

Hopefully it's not fubar inside. The fact that it has the original bracelet and doesn't appear to be rusted out around the caseback was what pushed me to bid.

ChemGuy likes this.
  9. ton

ton Arf!

you're not right. :crackup:

Jedb likes this.
  10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

That crystal looks like it could be polished fairly easily. There’s a bunch of videos on YouTube. If you’re looking for an evening project, you could probably do it yourself.

11. Jedb

If it's pretty accurate, and the scratches aren't too bad, I may just wear it. If not, I have a dremmel with the buffer tool so I may take a crack at the crystal depending on how the wrist test goes.

For the vintage seikos I get, I wear for a couple of hours, then set the time, and see what happens.
    So far I've been lucky and all but one Pogue (which was missing a pusher when purchased) have kept really accurate time.

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

Tyler is Brooming to buy his watch, this is what he found in the city.

2016 Rolex Batman Oyster bracelet for $18,350. It’s unworn with box and papers.

Is that a decent price? I told him to check Bobs in Huntington beach and if he ships it to NYC that would at least save sales tax, I think?

@zamboiv what other places in S Cal do you recommend I could check for him?

Anyone else with knowledge I’m all ears. TIA.

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Seems to be about the going rate. He's not going to get any kind of crazy deal on that watch, new or not.

If it is truly unworn with all docs $18-19K seems about right.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Thanks, I figured it was enough coin I would come in here and ask the experts.:beer:

15. ChemGuy

Im no expert but that sounds like a 116710 BLNR GMT II. Watch charts shows the current price around 18k. So it sounds like its at market price. See this link for the price changes over the last 6 months....

https://watchcharts.com/watch/739/rolex-gmt-master-ii-116710blnr

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

17. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

@Boman Forklift

Bob’s watches in Newport Beach. Over by the airport.

edit: shows he has some for $17xxx

18. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

ended up choosing this omega over the Tag, Tudor and Breitling. Now i'll join the boujee watch club of 13x

[​IMG]

yzfpat, NemesisR6, tony 340 and 7 others like this.
  19. Boman Forklift

Thanks His money was really burning a hole in his pocket he already broomed his way over to the jewelry store in New York and bought it Friday.

Evidently Bob’s only has used stuff and I guess he was really wanting to get a new one, with a warranty. Although I was teasing him because it appears this one is considered new but it was a display model. So I said oh it’s like the town whore everybody’s had a turn with her.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    DucatiBomber, zamboiv and Jedb like this.
  20. Jedb

The Seiko 6139-7030, also known as the mini-jumbo (who is in charge of these names).

The original bracelet came with it, but was too small. So I modified an UncleSeiko one I had on hand. 30 seconds each on the end links with a dremmel and it fit.

:D

Attached Files: