1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

It was a joke. I took a drunk Kris Wall into walmart one night in Oxford (as we always do) and he really dug the $10 watches. "man that's a good deal" I think he said. This was after he road a bicycle around the inside of the store.

:crackup:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

off topic, but i think that was the night i tried to capture the best ever fem-mullett on my cell phone camera wasnt it?

3. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Could be, you still got the pictures? :D

4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Just picked up a Citizen Aqualand 20th Aniv. Not a Breil or Tag, but nice features.
    Dive time, max and current depth, water temp, dive alarms, etc.

5. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Used to be a Watch freak. Used to dribble on each issue of Watch magazine, circa 1990-1.
    Took the L downtown Chi town to stare at IWC's, P. Patek etc.

Bought a used roller just like Mongo posted at age 20 (pawnshop layaway) -now sold.

I still like anything automatic and thin.

6. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

Some real nice stuff posted - between bikes, sunglasses and watches, it's a bit of an addiction for me...

2006 Tissot MotoGP collection, 2006 Tissot Nicky Hayden Champ LE, Bulgari black auto (not sure of model) inherited from father-in-law last year, 1911 slim Ebel auto, Tag Ti5 (CF & titanium), Genta jump drive in CF w/ orange rubber clasp, Chopard 1000 Miglia Gran Turismo XL w/ Power Reserve (my new fave!), Rolex SS Daytona whiteface as my wedding present, some others like IceTek, Nautica, etc that I can't recall at the moment. If I'm not dressed for business or leaving the house, it's usually a simple Timex digital Ironman model that I can beat to death and it still keeps on ticking!

I'm on the hunt for a Tag McQueen LE, probably get a Panerai next year(chose the Chopard instead of that this Xmas), a Girard Perregaux Ferrari model someday, and eventually a Patek when I decide to grow up! LOL!

Scott

7. FlyinBrian

FlyinBrian Well-Known Member

This is my new favorite. I am never going to hear the end of this post.

Attached Files:

8. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Watch is cool but damn you need some sun bad!!!!

9. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

It's funny, I'm not really into watches, but over the years I've come into two pretty nice ones...not crazy huge dollar ones (they're older and used) but I've got a Rolex Sea Dweller, and an old Omega Seamaster. The Rolex no longer has the original movement so it's not worth anything (I got it not working for really cheap and had a watchmaker replace the movement after I was quoted $1700 to repair w. OEM parts).

I like the Yachtmaster that Kris mentioned too...classy and not at all ostentatious. That Chopard Mille Miglia is a really nice watch too. I probably have all the 'nice' watches I'll ever have though...I just can't justify spending that kind of money on something that performs almost as well as a $30 Timex.

10. FlyinBrian

FlyinBrian Well-Known Member

tru.dat, the flash didn't help much either.

11. thefastlife1

thefastlife1 thefastlifemotorsports

I love TAG...I have a Tag Formula One

12. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

My dads got one of those, its bitchin!

13. kentster

kentster Well-Known Member

14. 02R6

02R6 The dude abides

Shouldn't be too hard to find, as I believe they are still selling them. That was my first "real" watch. I love it.

15. evil skinny

evil skinny Well-Known Member

Love the rolex daytona. My everyday wear is a 5 year old oakley gmt in black on black. beat the living shit out of it, never any fear of it popping open has survived a car crash in which i was ejected from the car even. The crystal is a saphire or some shit like that and is completely unscratchable. Best part is its less then 800 dollars if you can find them and is quite possible the heaviest watch i have ever worn.

Attached Files:

16. You got that right!

17. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

My info was that the true LE McQueen Tags were only made in 2006? Ones with the black face and blue/ orange stripe a la Gulf GT40 Le Mans racer, and I've seen pics of a white face w/ black/ red stripes that was supposedly a McQueen LE. I've seen the black and blue faced ones, but I'd love to find a white w/ stripes. Just saw a Gulf LE in a local Tourneau store in PBG in FL.

18. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I haven't worn a watch in years but this year for christmas the wife and I bought each other new watches. She bought an Ebel years ago when she was travelling in Switzerland and has had it since then with no problems. a few years ago we were in las Vegas and there was an Ebel store and I saw one that I really liked. I had never heard of the brand but they make their own movement and seem to be regarded as a very good brand but folks that know watches much better than I do. over the years i've wanted to get one but they were pretty expensive and I never wore a watch, so it didnt seem like the thing to do. this year we decided to get each other something that would last and be a bit extravagant, so we bought each other Ebel's.

I got the 1911 BTR automatic Chrono like this:
    [​IMG]

the wife got the Ebel Beluga Tonneau:
    [​IMG]

I think we'll be keeping them for a while. :)

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That's me, I don't think I even own a functioning watch anymore.

You're lucky he didn't leave you there, that boy has some bad habits.

'sup Jason? :D

20. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Geez, leave a guy at Walmart one time and you never hear the end of it.:rolleyes:

:D 'sup Kurt