1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If you like the big torque pin you in the seat feel then look in the directions of Vettes and Stangs and Chargers..most things V8 based with big turbos.

If you like the spin the snot out of it to do anything feel of riding a bike then look to the Nissans, Porsches and such.

Two differing approaches to the same entertainment. I like some of my stuff because it stuffs you back in the seat, IE the truck and the IS-F, but if I want to spin the snot out of something its the HP beetle.

Pick which direction appeals most and enjoy.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Are you sure, you mentioned buying an automatic sports car?

SuddenBraking, R1Racer99 and HPPT like this.
  3. Venom51

It's getting exceedingly hard to find one that isn't.

BigBird likes this.
  4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

If you can, Z06. Dude, just serious.

You will want a 2LT or 3LT. Just the different trim levels. 1LT's are base bones shit....those are the Ginnys who can't afford the car but want the image. My car is a 3LZ....all I wanted was the 2. Meh.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  5. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

We had the vette at 150+ for small sections of the I-40 through New Mexico and Texas. Valentine radar detection worth its worth in gold. Currently in West Virginia...

BigBird likes this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

True, but the cars he is looking at are available in stick.

Well at least Dual clutch transmissions are still more engaging versus a torque converter automatic.

8. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

1999-2002 Viper GTS

9. Venom51

Not a bad suggestion but if the interior of the Vette feels cheap wait until you climb into this thing.

ClemsonsR6, BigBird and Saiyan66 like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, that’s rational. :D why not just have him get repeatedly punched in the dick by a midget dressed up as little bo peep? That’d make as much sense as buying and driving a gen 2 Viper. :D

Saiyan66 likes this.
  11. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

I said he should get one, not that it would be a rational choice. Still one of the most iconic and beautiful cars ever made in the USA. Even if the quality wasn't there.

Oh and are you thinking male or female midget, because that makes a HUGE difference.

12. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Miata with a V8 conversion.

gixxerboy55 and BigBird like this.
  13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

It’s hard to beat the vette.

another option is something vintage with a huge blower. So much blower it spins the tires at ideal. Then you can idle thru the parking lot like… chirp……chirp…..chirp

Why? Because ‘Merica. That’s why.

sharkattack likes this.
  14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

FYI most insurance includes free yearly eye exams

SuddenBraking likes this.
  15. Venom51

So you want him to take a reliable almost entertaining car to drive and turn it into something that will be entertaining for the 15 minutes between repairs. :D

sharkattack and BigBird like this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and dick punches.

17. Tristan

Damn... mine charges a $20 copay. Totally worth it to get your junk knocked around by a professional

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're shopping for corvette and mocking New Jersey guys with gold chains? They are your people.

How much do Nissan GT-R go for these days? They were in production so long, prices must be all over the place.
    Kill shot right there.
    Because more and more people pee sitting down.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    beechkingd and assjuice cyrus like this.
  19. Tristan

Some of them while seated in a Vette

beechkingd likes this.
  20. Venom51

If you want a GT-R I have an anal retentive neighbor putting his on the chopping block.

I mean I'd rather have Dave K punch me in the dick with angry midget punches than own that ugly damn thing but it's fast and fun.