1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

love the fleet!

I would have kept the M3...it's my mostly-attainable dream car. I do admire people that can fit
    in a lotus though.

Z06s are love. One of the few American cars I would own...well except for the best of all...don't even need to say the name...you already know :D

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  2. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I have a 02 S2000 and a 09 997.2 911. I owned this S2000 from July 2007 until march 2015 and bought it back last year. Prior to my 911 I had a EVO, WRX, RS3 and honestly the RS3 was pretty amazing but I sold it and put a little money in my pocket buying the 911 and I love the 911 alot more even though its incredibly slower than the RS3

R1Racer99 likes this.
  3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

So, I stand to pee so the BRZ and Miata are out. I have thought about the back seat issue, which is why I was considering a mustang. I have two kids, but for the most part this will be a toy for me and not and family. I will look hard for a z06 c7 when it comes time to pull the trigger, but I doubt I will find a low milage z06 for 60k.

jksoft likes this.
  4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Absolutely love my C7 Z06. 650hp/650trq with a 3 pedal manual.

It will run next to my buddies modded GTR and McLaren 650 all day, errrrday.

Looks amazing, sounds like a monster trying to kill me (aftermarket exhaust) and while the interior has squeaks and rattles that piss me off, it's actually a decent interior. Lots of alcanterra and leather and carbon fiber.

Best bang for the buck performance wise. $100K sticker running with cars that cost 2-3x as much. Very happy with it.

I would also check out the M2/3/4's for a nice interior finish. If I could have fit into the car, I would have gone with a Cayman, basically a go kart. Under powered for raw power but fuck what a blast to drive.

Oh and have fun with the "stereotypes". I just recently went out and got some white NB, jorts, and Corvette gear to wear just to car meets to screw with people. It's way fun but I learned most people had no clue of the whole NB/jorts BS.

R1Racer99 and assjuice cyrus like this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I bought a '06 C6 last year with 9k miles. Convertible with a manual transmission. Nothing terribly fancy, no Z06 or stuff. I bought it just to go crusin' as the wife no longer wants to ride bikes. Try as I might I find that it's still more capable than I am. Oh, I suppose I could crash it with some knuckle headed move, but what's the point of that? I tried to fit in a miata and a MR2 but no way. At 6 ft 190# it was a clown show trying to get in, or worse, get out of those cars.

6. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

If you already have a daily driver, go with something special like an updated older car. Early 911 with turbo added or old c3 with aluminum big block or 80's 948 with LS swap or newer Jag XK series.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

So sad the mindset. If you wanted a driver's car, the new BRZ is faster on track than a lot of high powered vehicles, even in stock form. But it's hard to find anyway.

GT350R...I won't be mad

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  8. assjuice cyrus

If I was a collage kid or from NY/NJ with spike hair and gold chains, I might consider a girly BRZ.:beer::crackup:

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

see Z06 pics above...also Gold chains are a must for a male corvette owner, along with matching track suit.

10. assjuice cyrus

Track suit or pimp suit.:crackup:

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Pro life tip: don’t ever try to justify a sports car purpose as “there’s room the kids”.

There’s not.

Full stop.

12. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

If you drive like a dick- any given German car
    If you drive like a granny, do group rides and like to wear satin logo clothes- Corvette
    The rest of the American cars are hard to tell apart.
    Go fast, reliable and ho hum to look at- any given Japanese car minus the LFA
    Look good, sound good, go fast and stay broke-any given Italian car

Was highway driving last weekend on 95 in the middle of a C7 C8 rideout and swear every dude we could see was the stereotypical vette guy but the cars were choice. Lots of customization, the leds looked sooo f'ing ghey but other stuff like wheels and plastics looked nice.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

The best Corvettes are also the free ones. 02 convertible here with 20,000 miles. No gold chains.

14. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

A lighter car with about 300hp will be the most fun on tighter roads, short blasts or around town. Would still do well on longer drives. Vette, GT350 are comfortable cruisers with Thor's hammer under the hood. You're in go-to-jail territory if you put your foot down for more than a few seconds. It'll be hard to really experience either of those two without track time. I'd find something in the 400hp range.

15. assjuice cyrus

It would be point less to have a c7 and not put it on the track a time or 12...:beer:

nd4spd likes this.
  16. assjuice cyrus

So far. I havent seen any valid points not to get a vette beside a couple murse carrying,man bun wearing hippies in here.:D

What Is the options I must have.

Grand sport or Z06. No stingray I know I want the wide fenders look way better to me

What does 1lt 2lt and 3lt add?

17. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Be a champ and order a new Nissan Z. You wont have to worry about running into a ton of other ones - have the correct gearbox and will have big aftermarket support. 40k new.
    [​IMG]

beechkingd, jksoft, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  18. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

Agree. Ours is mostly for when we go out to dinner and my wife drives it to work maybe once a week. Even with only 350hp, it's fun for zipping around and enough to get you in trouble.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I'd should checkout the new Nissan Z. 400 hp in a fun reliable package. (edit : Peak just beat me to it)
    The Jag F-Type looks and sounds awesome, but has a reputation of being not very reliable.
    I'd add the new Supra GR in there also.

BigBird likes this.
  20. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I had narrowed down to the Shelby GT350 or Corvette. My kids said I had way too much hair for a Vette

CBRRRRR999 likes this.