1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA Dissolution?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 83BSA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Stu, You're hired as campaign slogan writer!
    :D

2. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

While being an AHRMA Trustee is certainly not rocket science (look no further than the actions taken and not taken over the last 10 years), it can't hurt to have a rocket scientist involved.

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Mr October Sky seems to be a pretty decent bloke.

4. charles

charles The Transporter

Vote for Carl! He speaks softly and carries a big Hawkbill knife.:up:

5. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Be Cool

Vote Carl

Attached Files:

6. push rod

push rod Well-Known Member

hmmm

Having been:

A rocket scientist
    A nuclear physicist
    AND
    Run a vintage racing program

I don't have the cojones(sp)........best of luck to any of them!

7. lizard84

Pedro Says Vote Carl

Attached Files:

8. YAM#849

Bob,
    Does "Pedro's protection" include insurance against litigation?
    :D

9. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Get rid of ahrma's problems like smitty ,mann and mork and it will most likely end.smith has biult the club up but now has run it into the ground ,his time is over along with his buddys.The good old boy days are gone.:down:

10. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

anybody know why Jack Turner left?

11. lizard84

If you get sued, Pedro will tie the offenders to a tether ball pole by the cord and then bombard them with unmuffled vintage bikes that couldn't pass a 105db sound standard on there best day until they promise to walk toward the light.

:beer:

12. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

I'll vote for him if he promises to get change those retarded Vintage Superbike rules. "Must retain stock headlight shell"?? Yeesh! :rolleyes: :D

13. YAM#849

I have already been talking to some of the guys who regularly ride those classes to get ideas. Superbike has good potential for growth if we manage not to run people off with the rules. The headlight bucket thing stems back to old AMA rules. Historically correct, but I'm not sure it adds much to the appeal of the class when they go speeding past on the track with a number plate covering the bucket... I'm keeping an open mind on that subject until I have a chance to hear all sides of the story.

14. YAM#849

OK, I'm sure a lot of you are tired of this ongoing discussion. Two things I will ask of you:
    1) be sure to vote this time
    2) don't assume that everyone is aware of the issues- please contact friends who don't frequent the internet and tell them how important this year's election is

A trustee's true job is to represent the members, not his or her own personal agenda. Vote for whomever you believe can do the best job of fairly representing your views.

15. push rod

push rod Well-Known Member

Jack was asked to vacate his position by AHRMA mgmt....

16. sparksfarmer

sparksfarmer Member

Halloween came early to Barber???

Hey All,

I posted this question on the T.O. website, but so far, no response...

The story is Halloween came early, but it's too funny to be real. Can anyone who was there, please confirm or deny this story...

Someone went to the town-hall type meeting at Barber dressed up as a "Secret Squirrel Secret Agent." Secret squirrel showed up to the meeting with a tape recorder in its pants! What Matlock want-to-be would try that?:down: It sounds like a bad episode of Candid Camera. I don't know, maybe Allen Funt's kid is a racer. :Poke:

Is this for real or a BS story?

Sparksfarmer,

Is that a tape recorder in your pants or are you happy to see me? (Mae west)

17. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

1. Sounds like a ridiculous rumor;

2. Even if ostensibly true, it would have been (a) by a newbie, and (b) a useless effort: AHRMA has never provided any meaningful information at any meeting in the 10 years I've been associated with that organization.

Any time an AHRMA Trustee is faced with the posibility of providing a less than optimal-for-the-organization answer on any topic, they simply provide the mantra: I can't talk about it.

Now there's a bunch of elected representatives that are responsive to their constituents . . . .

18. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

:beer:
    :beer: vote.

19. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

I didn't get to the beginning of the TH meeting but was there for the majority.
    I was told by someone I do trust who was at the entire meeting that infact there was one person with a tape recorder.

20. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Yeah, it's interesting. I can see the historical part of it and that's cool.

I'm putting together a SR500 roadracer from a rolling chassis. Looking through the AHRMA Lwt Superbike rules, it seems to me that I almost have to completely restore the thing in order to race it. Well...if I was going to restore it, I wouldn't race it. Ya know what I mean? :D

So I'm building it for WSMC 500 singles and Lwt Vintage, plus a WERA Vintage class or two (if anyone is running WERA Vintage out in the West region, that is). But I won't be building it for AHRMA. The rules are just too prohibitive (for me, anways) for a organization that I might run two events with a year.

Good luck with the election! :up:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.