1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA Dissolution?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 83BSA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Carl last I know it was two.Is it several know:) Im sure jeff smith is trying to get his son-in law the job.Wenzel i belive is his name.It smells fishy already.Got a sv to race with david in wera next year if things go south for ahrma.

2. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

All I know for sure is that Breckon is a hard-core racer and he would not do anything that would jeopardize AHRMA's success. He wants to be racing as bad as any of us. If he tells me he's looking at a bunch of candidates, I believe him. How many of them have any chance of board approval, I couldn't guess.

3. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Executive Director Search Committee

Carl -
    Are ALL the Trustees involved in the search? Some? Other than Breckon, who? How does the process of finding and selecting a new Executive Director work? Where is that info published or made available by AHRMA? I looked and I cannot find it. All I can find is notice that Lambreth will resign and the search will begin - 1 month before his term expires, and 1 month before the Chapter 11 filing which was planned from at least July 2006 AHRMA admits. What are the plans for membership review, commentand approval or input regarding a new Executive Director in these critical-to-the-success-of-the-organization times?

Tim -
    Superbike or Supersport spec SV? You won't like it. It goes, brakes, turns, etc., all very precisely, quickly, smoothly and without great heart stopping moments. Very predictable and forgiving. Sort of like the difference between dating a variety of wildcats and being married, or like cake versus pie . . . boring . . . .

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Exec Dir Search Committee

From the T.O. website, the Executive Director Search Committe consists of:

"Dick Mann, Dave Janiec, and Mark Hatten...with Robert Borg as 'alternate'."

5. charles

charles The Transporter

Too much cake, not nearly enough pie.:Pop:

6. phantom 309

David ,Its superstock and did a few track days on it and had a ball.Didn't know what to do ,not having anything to work on and just push the button.May do some endurance this year if I can afford too.:up:

7. YAM#849

The bylaws state that it is the responsibility of the trustees to hire the ED. It does not say how to do it. They chose to form a search committee to look at the resumes first, but in the end all are responsible for the outcome. The bylaws do not require, or make any provision for, membership review of the process. That's how it's written as of now; that will be the process.
    There have been some mentions of the process of bylaw reform, by trustees or by referendum. I think that's a subject worthy of more detailed attention than it has gotten already. Gentlemen, sit down with a nice piece of pie and compose your thoughts on that subject.

8. charles

charles The Transporter

On my way out the door and stopped in my tracks by your provocative post, Carl! I've had me pie this morning, early, so my unsolicited thoughts would be
    this: get the U.S. Trustee over there in the Nashville Office, I believe it is a
    Ms. Beth Roberts Derrick, Ass't U.S. Trustee, tel 615-736-2254, to take an interest in this matter to insure the future of AHRMA for providing for a fundamental American proposition: free and fair election of trustees and an
    opportunity for members to revamp the bylaws to set forth an actual process
    for selection of an ED. No time like the present; delay is deadly.

9. padNC35

padNC35 Member

good idea

10. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Offer her PIE as an incentive.

11. charles

charles The Transporter

Errrr....offer her PIE to who?:D

12. charles

charles The Transporter

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Time to put this back on the front burner for a while, anyway, before everyone gets
    saturated with eggnog and giddy with holiday excitement...

Okay, AHRMA members, what's been taking place? An orderly march toward
    enlightenment, or the angry sounds of the lynch mob?

The 'first meeting' of the creditors- yes or no? What happened?
    How's the election of trustees coming along? Where are you sending the ballots?
    About what percentage of members usually votes?

Anyone figure out the amount of money in the (defunct) Benevolent Fund?
    Any reason why everyone has been quiet about all of this lately?

Last, did you have your PIE today?

13. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

I had PIE about 4:15 am :)

14. phantom 309

Charles, the meeting has come and gone and no word from anyone on what happened.Some things never change.The trustees just feal its for the good to keep the members in the dark.As far as new trustees go I would hope members would only vote for new blood and not the old gaurd that got us here.Its time members had a clue what was going on.:up: Tim

15. charles

charles The Transporter

Thanks for the input, Tim...I just finished reading the 'saveahrma.com' site and the 'Team Obsolete' site. You're right- 'some things never change.' As I see that bit of wisdom, it represents perhaps an overwhelming number of AHRMA members who are quite satisfied with the 'status quo.' You tell me what you think after reading some of those comments. I have absolutely no
    stake in the outcome of the situation, but I would encourage all who do to take a positive action to insure that the past does not repeat itself. I thought that is surely where the various thread conversations were headed, but I see otherwise...so, next time, i'll make some specific suggestions and ask for comments. There are more things to do than to vote for several new trustees. AHRMA could be a top-rate operation and without the controversy and bullshit that has dogged it for years. Am I so wrong?

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Okay, you AHRMA guys take a look at the 'pdf' files posted on saveahrma.com regarding the most recent filings in the AHRMA bankruptcy case in TN.

After reading through the files, what I find is a somewhat different picture of the litigation 'strategy' pursued by AHRMA than has been described; it is also a more complex case (in ED NY) than most think it was.

Also, it would appear that TO is seeking to have AHRMA's Chapter 11 dismissed as a 'bad faith' filing (remember that?). In addition, it would appear that soon we will see much of the ED NY paperwork there in the files in TN.

So, hang on for Round Nine of Twelve.

:Pop:

17. YAM#849

Meanwhile, the trustees have done a fine job of selecting a very capable new Executive Director, Cindy Cowell.

18. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

This is a 15 round fight get it straight.

Reading and reading and reading

TO is pushing to move the venue to NY because it is convinent :rolleyes:

I think the best part was when a TO lawyer stated that

wait for it

Rob I invented vintage racing :crackup:

19. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Dang you Carl :Poke:

You seem to be everywhere :bow:

20. YAM#849

I didn't invent vintage racing, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express on the way back from Mid Ohio once...

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.