1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA Dissolution?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 83BSA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Now that wouldn't be hamburger or cheeseburger or now PIE would it?:crackup:

2. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Cake, Not Pie

Not surprisingly, I prefer cake to pie. I have a great appreciation for pie and a tremendous understanding of pie, in all forms. Yet, pie is not the sine qua non some (Bob) would lead us to believe it is. That is ok, at least Bob is honest, open and forthright about his love for and desire to extoll the virtues of and intent to elevate pie above all other substitutes or contenders. Nothing hidden, misrepresented or allegedly confidential about Bob's relationship with pie.

Will you respect my contrarian love of something other than pie? Let the personal attacks begin . . . .

3. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Dave,
    What was it that Marie Antoinette said???
    :wow:

:D

4. hcw350

hcw350 New Member

3.1415927 that's as much as I know from memory which is two decimal points farther than required in the MIT fight song.

Harrison

5. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

All I know is, advocates of cake complain loudly when cake does not get the same coverage as PIE, even though PIE is bigger and attracts more enthusiasts than cake, and is seen at larger venues with more spectators. One cake official even yelled at me once because we gave more attention to PIE. Therefor I must conclude that all cake advocates are crazy mofos and should be banished from all that is PIE!

Or, as they say somewhere east of here, There is only one PIE, praise be to PIE!

6. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Naaa bring your cake. all are welcome here:beer:

7. charles

charles The Transporter

A cake, why what's in a cake, but some moldy old crap and sugar? You can get a lot of old junk in a cake and pass it off as unique, can't you? And further, you get to cover it all up with the frosting, which sometimes really does frost some folks...and at the same time there are those who, once having bitten into 'the cake', are obligated to be loyal to 'the cake' for all of eternity, or at least until their money runs out and then, no more cake.

Now think of the PIE, fresh, fruity, full of life and character...why, a good PIE is worth its weight in gold, so savory and delightful on the palate, nothing hidden there, it's all out in the open- just take a look, no need to hide anything it's only a fork away from being all your's! Well, I left out the crust,
    there's always the crust you know, but even that, when properly handled,
    comes out golden and flaky...

PIE or cake? I leave cake to lesser men. For me, the choice is PIE.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like pie.

9. charles

charles The Transporter

My good man, it does one no good to pronounce "I like pie"! There's so much more to it, one must take extra care to inform as to which kind of pie, or type of pie, or even size of pie...the saving grace is that you had the courage to step forth and place yourself in the company of men who like, and eat, PIE!

That's what counts.
    We salute you!

Here's to us and those like us.:beer:

10. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I too LIKE pie. I simply prefer cake.

Cake has more substance. It has far more capability and capacity for variation. It can be layered. It can take any shape, whereas pie is limited to the traditional 9" diameter pie plate. Nearly everything one can do with pie, one can do with cake, and more! Pie has its plebian place in the food world, but cake . . . . As Rudyard Kipling was once heard to say, "A woman is just a woman, but a piece of cake, now that's a piece!" You've never heard that about pie.

John29 - an official yelled at you? Say it ain't so! My suspicion is that your res ipsa loquitor conclusion regarding the cake official is misplaced . . . . Just a thought.

11. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

:tut: :tut: cake???:tut: :tut:

Only Pie

"pie me up
    hey
    have you
    ever
    watched
    the slippery silk
    simmering
    'neath the flaky crust
    warm to the touch
    fruit of the gods
    shhh blow
    let it down slow
    slide
    down
    down"

12. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

:rock:

Attached Files:

13. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

I like natural red hair pie. shaved and with whipped cream:up:

14. John29

In fact, the official in question told me to take my request for accurate and complete cake results and to do unthinkable things with it. Thus my lack of enthusiasm for cake and my preference for PIE!

15. charles

charles The Transporter

Sire, you are a veritable pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity! Tragically, your
    efforts to extoll the virtues of cake are wasted. No less of an authority than Dr. Carl Sagan has proclaimed: 'In order to make apple PIE from scratch, you must first create the universe." Does this not lead you to the error of your ways? Even the ancient Etruscans sung praises to PIE! Your one source, Rudyard, was...errr.. shall we say, pursuing an 'alternative lifestyle' and had absolutely no understanding of either women or PIE! Now then, even the late James Cagney knew the appeal of PIE, I believe he smashed a PIE in some bimbo's face in a movie! What do you get when you smash a cake in someone's face? Well, now, nothing but a mess, is all you get. Tonight, 83BSA, go out on a limb in life and try a PIE, preferably one in a 12" dish and
    without baggage attached. PIE- for men who know women!

16. John29

Anyone care to hazard a guess on the drop in productivity caused by this thread, or to make an estimate of the value of the billable hours spent on this thread?

In terms of PIE/hour, of course.

17. charles

charles The Transporter

Sir you are quite canny!:up:
    ...and all this time we've been going on about PIE!

18. charles

charles The Transporter

It won't matter, just submit the PIE bill to the cake trustees.:D

19. padNC35

padNC35 Member

or as in my case the lack of hours billed as a result of this thread.....

as someone much smarter than me once said, "We don't need No Stinking Cake"......

I'll just have a piece of pie..

20. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

the start of a life of wedded hell? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.