1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'94 CBR 900RR Project

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by chobes, Apr 15, 2022.

1. mte78

mte78 Well-Known Member

Are you in FL?

I’m in Ft Lauderdale…

2. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Yes, Orlando/Central Florida.

3. mte78

mte78 Well-Known Member

PM sent

4. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

PM replied to, additional pics.

IMG_1566.JPG IMG_1567.JPG IMG_1568.JPG IMG_1569.JPG IMG_1570.JPG IMG_1571.JPG IMG_1572.JPG IMG_1573.JPG IMG_1574.JPG IMG_1576.JPG

5. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Plans have changed for this bike and I'm no longer selling it, will be rebuilding it as time permits along with the '93 project.

6. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Got a few things done on the '94, swapped over front end, wheels and brakes from the donor bike.

Front_Done.JPG Left_New.JPG Right_New.JPG Front_New_1.JPG Wheel_1.JPG Wheel_2.JPG

Riot likes this.
  7. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

A lot of cleaning, and a few parts trickling in

IMG_2048.JPG IMG_2052.JPG IMG_2053.JPG IMG_2055.JPG IMG_2054.JPG

mte78 likes this.
  8. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Do you happen to have a spare wire harness? I need one for my 93

9. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

I may have a partial harness once I'm done with the project, won't know until then. There's one on eBay at the moment - 93-95 CBR900RR Wiring Harness

10. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Tool to remove the castle/lock nut arrived so the old lump was yanked out, and everything was hit with the pressure washer again. Almost done getting rid of all of the ugly.

IMG_2083.JPG

mte78, G2G and Riot like this.
  11. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Old swingarm and rear suspension removed, replacement swingarm, rear shock and new rear brakes installed.

IMG_2089.JPG IMG_2091.JPG IMG_2099.JPG

12. mte78

mte78 Well-Known Member

Excellent.

chobes likes this.
  13. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Got the main harness sorted out minus the connector to alternator/stator which I don't have yet. Wiring isn't glamorous,, and certainly not my forte, but it's oddly satisfying to get it all sorted and cleaned up.

Main_Harness.JPG

14. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Rear fender and wiring in place, valves checked and all in spec, cleaned the remaining bits of paint overspray and got the engine in.

IMG_2147.JPG IMG_2149.JPG IMG_2150.JPG IMG_2152.JPG IMG_2154.JPG

SuddenBraking and worldrider like this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You lads might get a kick out of the latest Budget Bike Battle on 44 teefs....

chobes likes this.
  16. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Can you do me a favor and take a picture of the part of the harness that connects to the front headlights? I bought a 93 900rr and there are no connectors for the headlights. Cant wrap my head around it.

17. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

There are two connectors with a green, blue w/black and white w/black wires, one of them will be at the end of the harness where the left turn signal/running light is (1st pic), and the other will branch off at the same point where the wiring to the gauge cluster leaves the main harness. (2nd pic)

IMG_2176.JPG IMG_2177.JPG

G2G likes this.
  18. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I really appreciate it. Thanks!

chobes likes this.
  19. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

@G2G - No problem, let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Does anybody know the OEM color that Honda uses on the stator/alternator cover? I have two covers that are salvageable, but will need to be resprayed after filling in some of the deeper scrapes.

20. mte78

mte78 Well-Known Member

Go with a nice matte magnesium color!

Black is boring.

chobes likes this.