1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'93 900RR - Barn find

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by chobes, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Kill it with fire.

chobes likes this.
  2. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Are you sponsoring the YouTube video?

3. Oh definitely:D

chobes likes this.
  4. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if there's enough sponsorship money to get me to burn down the '93, but I'll listen to offers. :bow:

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Haven't done much to this bike other than ordering parts, decided to wash up the existing bodywork so I can get patterns to have some replacement stickers made up. Part of me wants to rattle-can the replacement plastic and just ride the bike, part of me wants to do it right and have everything repainted. If I can find a broken front fairing with a usable piece on the left side, I'll plastic weld it and ride the bike in it's rough shape.

IMG_2582.jpg

mte78 likes this.
  6. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Santa gave me some time to tinker on this bike, was pleasantly surprised to find the carbs are relatively clean. Off to the ultrasonic cleaner they go...

IMG_2698.jpg IMG_2701.jpg IMG_2702.jpg

mte78 and Riot like this.
  7. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Thanks to @Banditracer for mentioning an ultrasonic cleaner for carb cleaning. The difference after cleaning is amazing.

IMG_2730.jpg IMG_2731.jpg IMG_2732.jpg

racer_11, mte78 and bullockcm like this.
  8. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Found OEM rebuild parts, carbs are done. Engine out, front end and swingarm are next

IMG_2760.jpg IMG_2763.jpg IMG_2837.jpg IMG_2835.jpg

Banditracer, G2G and stickboy274 like this.