1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92nd Annual Pike's Peak International Hill Climb Race Report

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by tittys04, Jul 5, 2014.

1. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I posted this in my PPIHC thread in the general section, but I thought it was fitting to have it in the Race Report section as well.

For those of you that didn't keep up with the thread in the General section, my attempt at tackling the mountain came to an abrupt halt early in practice when I crashed near the top of the mountain. I broke a bone in my foot and shoved a rock through the crankcase of my R6, but overall the bike and I are in really good shape.

Although I wasn't able to compete in the race, I still had an amazing time and look forward to giving it another shot. I can't say that I recommend trying this event for people that have never tried it... it's extremely dangerous and I'm not sure it's worth the risk. But after having worked so hard to get there, I feel like there is unfinished business between me and that beast of a mountain, so I'll more than likely be trying to figure out a way to take another crack at it soon. I'm also not saying I would tell people not to do it, but I would advise the racer to learn as much as possible about the mountain and the event before deciding. It's truly unique and different than anything I've ever been a part of.

For more info and some awesome pics, check out the race report on my website.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014